All the Commandments in the Bible
In biblical order, with first occurrence
- Have dominion over every living thing.
- Be fruitful and multiply.
- Replenish the earth.
- Subdue the earth.
- Be a vegan.
- Be an omnivore.
- Don't eat blood.
- Kill whoever kills another person.
- Circumcise the flesh of your foreskin.
- Circumcise boys eight days after their birth.
- Circumcise your male slaves.
- Cut off any uncircumcised male.
- Don't be wicked in the sight of the Lord.
- Don't spill your seed on the ground.
- The month of Nisan shall the be first month of the year.
- On the tenth day of Nisan, find an unblemished lamb and kill it on the evening of the 14th day.
- After killing the lamb, smear some of its blood on the sides and top of your doorpost.
- Roast the lamb and eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.
- Don't eat the lamb raw or sodden with water.
- Eat all of it.
- Don't leave any until the morning.
- Burn the leftovers.
- Eat it fast, with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand.
- The fourteenth day of Nisan shall forever be a memorial and feast.
- Eat unleavened bread for seven days.
- Cut off anyone who eats leavened bread during the feast of unleavened bread.
- During the feast of unleavened bread, remove all yeast from every house.
- Don't work on the first day of the feast of unleavened bread.
- Don't work on the seventh day of the feast of unleavened bread.
- Observe the feast of unleavened bread.
- Eat unleavened bread from the evening of the 14th until the evening of the 21st of Nisan.
- When your children ask what is the meaning of Passover, tell them about how God killed the Egyptian children.
- Strangers shall not eat the Passover meal.
- Foreigners shall not eat the Passover meal.
- Hired servants shall not eat the Passover meal.
- Let your circumcised slaves eat the Passover meal.
- No uncircumcised person shall eat the Passover meal.
- Eat the Passover meal in one house.
- Don't break any of the the Passover lamb's bones.
- Circumcised strangers must keep the Passover.
- Circumcised strangers shall be treated as though they were natives.
- The law applies to both strangers and homeborn residents.
- Give your firstborn son to God.
- Sanctify your firstborn animals.
- On the Passover, show your son what God did to you when you left Egypt.
- Wear the commandments on your hand.
- Wear the commandments between your eyes.
- Every firstborn donkey shall be redeemed by sacrificing a lamb.
- If a firstborn donkey is not redeemed, break its neck.
- When your son asks you why your are sacrificing lambs and breaking donkeys' necks, tell him that you are doing
it because God killed all the Egyptian firstborn children and animals.
- Don't leave your house during the Sabbath.
- Have no other gods before Yahweh.
- Don't make graven images.
- Don't make an artistic representation of anything.
- Don't bow down to other gods.
- Don't serve other gods.
- Don't take God's name in vain.
- Keep the Sabbath day holy.
- Don't work on the Sabbath.
- Honor your father and mother.
- Don't kill.
- Don't commit adultery.
- Don't steal.
- Don't lie.
- Don't covet your neighbor's wife.
- Don't covet your neighbor's house, slave, ox, ass, etc.
- Don't make gods of silver or gold.
- Make a dirt altar for God and sacrifice animals on it.
- If you make God stone altars, use natural, uncut stones.
- Don't go up steps to the altar.
- If you buy a Hebrew slave, set him free after six years of slavery.
- If he was married when you bought him, set him and his wife free after six years of slavery.
- If you gave him a wife and they had children, keep his wife and children and let him go free.
- If he refuses to leave his wife and children, bore a hole in his ear and he shall serve you forever.
- If you sell your daughter, she shall not be freed after six years (as are male Hebrew slaves).
- If your daughter fails to please her master, she shall be redeemed.
- If the man who bought your daughter gives her to his son, the man who bought her shall treat her as his own daughter.
- If you take another wife, you must continue to feed, clothe, and have sex with your first wife.
- If, after taking a second wife, you fail to feed, clothe, and have sex with your first wife, you must set her free.
- Kill children who strike their parents.
- Kill anyone who steals someone to sell as a slave.
- Kill children who curse their parents.
- If two men fight and one is injured, the man who caused the injury shall pay for the injured man's lost time.
- If you beat your slave to death, you will be punished.
- You will not be punished for beating your slave if the slave lives for a day or two, for the
slave is your money.
- If you cause the death of a fetus, pay the woman's husband whatever the judges decide.
- But if the woman is injured, you will be injured in the same way.
- If you damage another person, you will be damaged in the same way.
- If you hit your slave and cause him or her to lose sight in one eye, set the slave free.
- If you hit your slave and cause him or her to lose a tooth, set the slave free.
- If an ox gores someone to death, the ox shall be stoned.
- Don't eat the flesh of a stoned ox.
- If an ox has a reputation for goring people and its owner did nothing to restrain it, the ox shall be stoned and its owner shall be executed.
- If the victim's family would rather have money, then the owner of the ox must pay them whatever they demand.
- If an ox kills a slave, the owner of the ox shall give the owner of the dead slave thirty shekels of silver.
- If an ox kills a slave, stone it to death.
- If a man has an open pit into which an ox or ass falls, the owner of the pit must pay the owner of the animal whatever it was worth,
but the owner of the pit gets to keep the dead animal.
- If one man's ox kills another man's ox, then the live ox shall be sold with the money and dead ox split between them.
- If an ox is known to be an ox killer and its owner did nothing to restrain it, then the owner of the killer ox must pay the owner of the dead ox.
But the owner of the killer ox gets to keep the dead ox.
- A person who steals and kills an ox or a sheep shall pay the owner five oxen for each stolen ox, and four sheep for each stolen sheep.
- If a thief is caught breaking into a house while it is dark and is killed in the process, the person who killed him shall not be executed.
- If a thief is caught and is too poor to make full restitution, he shall be sold to pay for his theft.
- If a thief is caught breaking into a house during the daytime and is killed in the process, the person who killed the thief shall be executed for murder.
- If a thief steals an ox or an ass, and the stolen animal is found alive, the thief must pay twice the value of the stolen animal.
- If your animal eats from someone else's field or vineyard, you must repay the owner with the best of your grain or grapes.
- If you start a fire that burns someone else's grain, you shall restore what was burned.
- If you leave your stuff with your neighbor to watch, and it is stolen from your neighbor's house, then the thief shall pay double (if the thief is found).
- If the thief is not found, your neighbor shall be brought before the judges to see if he stole your stuff.
- Whoever is guilty of theft shall repay the victim twice the worth of the stolen goods.
- If you ask your neighbor to watch your ox or ass, and your animal dies, is hurt, or is lost while under his care, then your neighbor shall swear to God that he didn't do anything wrong.
If God confirms the oath, your neighbor does not have to pay you back. But if your animal was stolen while under his care, he must pay you for it.
- If your animal was torn in pieces while under your neighbor's care, he shall bring the pieces as a witness, and he doesn't owe you anything.
- If someone borrows an animal from his neighbor, and it is injured or dies, the person who borrowed the animal must pay the owner
whatever the animal was worth.
- But if the owner was present or the animal was rented, no compensation is required.
- If you seduce and have sex with an unmarried woman, you must marry her.
- If her father refuses to give her to you, you must pay him the customary price for virgins.
- Kill witches.
- Kill anyone who has sex with an animal.
- Kill anyone who sacrifices to another god.
- Don't oppress strangers.
- Don't afflict widows and fatherless children.
- If you lend money to poor people, don't charge them interest.
- If you loan money to your neighbor and take his clothes as collateral, return them before sundown.
- Don't revile the gods.
- Don't curse the ruler of your people.
- Don't delay in offering your first fruits and liquors to God.
- Give God your firstborn oxen and sheep eight days after their birth.
- Be holy.
- Don't eat any animal (or its fat) that died of natural causes or was killed by other animals.
- If you find an animal that has died of natural causes or was killed by other animals, feed it to the dogs or strangers, or sell it to aliens.
- Don't provide favorable testimony for a guilty person.
- Don't do evil just because everyone else is.
- Don't pervert justice by wrongly following the majority.
- Don't favor poor people in lawsuits.
- Return your enemy's ox or ass if it goes astray.
- If your enemy's ass falls down, help with it.
- Don't deny justice to poor people.
- Don't make false accusations.
- Don't kill innocent people.
- Don't kill righteous people,
- Don't accept a bribe.
- Every seventh year do not plant or harvest any crops.
- Don't mention the names of other gods.
- Celebrate three feasts during the year: unleavened bread, the first harvest, and the last harvest.
- Three times a year every male must appear before God.
- When you make blood sacrifices to God, don't include any leavened bread.
- Don't let any of the fat of God's sacrifice remain until the next morning.
- Bring your first harvest to the house of the Lord.
- Don't boil a young goat in its mother's milk.
- Don't serve or follow people who believe in other gods.
- Conquer people who believe in other gods and destroy their religious property.
- Serve God.
- Don't make treaties with people who believe in other gods.
- Don't make treaties with other gods.
- Don't let people who believe in other gods live in your land.
- Give God some presents.
- Make a sanctuary for God
- Don't remove the staves from the Ark.
- Put some bread in front of God and let it remain there always.
- Make a tabernacle according to these instructions.
- Make a court for the tabernacle.
- Get some oil for the lamp and keep it burning forever.
- Make every male descendant of Aaron a priest.
- Make holy garments for the priests.
- Ordain priests according to the following instructions.
- Sacrifice to God two first-year lambs each day, one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Make an altar for burning incense.
- Burn sweet incense on the altar every morning and evening forever.
- Don't burn any strange incense on the incense-burning altar.
- Don't offer any burnt, meat, or drink offerings on God's special incense-burning altar.
- Every man must pay God one-half shekel annually.
- Make a brass bowl for priests to wash their hands and feet.
- Priests must wash their hands and feet before entering the tabernacle.
- Make some holy anointing oil.
- Anoint the tabernacle, the ark of the covenant, the table, all of the bowls and candlesticks, the incense-burning altar, the brass bowl with the holy anointing oil.
- Anoint priests with the holy anointing oil.
- Don't make any of God's special oil for any other purpose.
- Don't put this oil on anyone else.
- Make some holy perfume for God.
- Don't make any of God's holy perfume for your own use.
- Whoever makes any holy perfume for anyone but God will be cut off.
- Kill anyone who works on (or defiles) the Sabbath.
- Worship the god whose name is Jealous.
- Don't make any molten gods.
- Don't appear before God empty.
- Don't start a fire on the Sabbath.
- Sacrifice an unblemished young bull as a burnt offering.
- Sacrifice an unblemished male sheep (or goat) as a burnt offering.
- Sacrifice a dove or pigeon as a burnt offering.
- Make a meat offering to the Lord.
- Don't use yeast or honey in your meat offerings.
- When you are making your oblation of first fruits to God, don't burn them on the altar.
- Season your meat offerings with salt.
- Make meat offerings of your first fruits.
- Make peace offerings with cattle.
- Make peace offerings with lambs.
- Make peace offerings with goats.
- When making your peace offerings remember this: All the fat is the Lord's!
- Don't eat any fat, not even in your own home.
- If a priest sins through ignorance, he must kill an unblemished bullock (or an unblemished ram).
- If the congregation sins through ignorance, kill a bullock (blemished or unblemished).
- If a ruler sins through ignorance, kill a young unblemished male goat.
- If an ordinary person sins through ignorance, kill a young unblemished female sheep or goat.
- If you see or hear something, say something.
- Don't accidentally touch an unclean thing, like a dead beast, cow, or creeping thing.
- Don't accidentally touch the uncleanness of man.
- Don't unknowingly swear to do something evil or good.
- If you commit any of these four sins, then you must confess that you have sinned and kill a female lamb or young goat as a trespass offering.
- If you can't afford a lamb, kill two doves or pigeons instead; one as a sin offering and one as a burnt offering.
- If you can't afford birds, burn one tenth of an ephah of your best flour.
- If you unknowingly defile some holy things, kill an unblemished ram or pay the priests whatever such a ram is worth. In addition you must pay the priests a 20% fine.
- If you sin without knowing it, you are still guilty. Kill an unblemished ram for a trespass offering.
- A thief must return what was stolen plus 20%.
- If you sin against your neighbor by lying, stealing, or violence, kill an unblemished ram as a trespass offering.
- Burnt offerings must burn all night on the altar.
- Priests must wear special linen garments and breeches on their flesh while making animal sacrifices.
- They must dump the ashes outside the camp in a clean place.
- The fire on the altar must never go out.
- Meat offerings must be completely burnt.
- Meat offerings may not be eaten.
- Priests must eat sin offerings in the holy place.
- Anyone or anything that touches the flesh of the sin offering is holy.
- If the blood of a sin offering is sprinkled on a garment, it must be washed in the holy place.
- If a sin offering is boiled in an earthen vessel, the vessel must be broken.
- If it's boiled in a brass pot, the pot must be scoured and rinsed with water.
- Don't eat a sin offering if its blood has entered the tabernacle.
- The law of the most holy trespass offering
- The law of the peace offering
- A peace offering must be eaten the same day that the animal is killed. No leftovers are allowed.
- If the sacrifice is a vow or voluntary, you can eat some of the animal on the day it is killed and the some the next day. Burn whatever is left on the third day.
- Don't eat a peace offering on the third day after the animal is sacrificed.
- If any of the flesh of your peace offering touches any unclean thing, don't eat it.
- If any of the flesh of your peace offering touches any unclean thing, burn it with fire.
- Eat all of the clean flesh from your peace offering.
- If you eat the flesh of a peace offering while you have your uncleanness upon you, you will be cut off.
- If you touch an unclean thing (like the uncleanness of man, or an unclean beast, or any abominable unclean thing)
while eating the flesh of a peace offering, you will be cut off.
- Cut off anyone who eats blood.
- Make a wave offering.
- Make a heave offering.
- Priests must not drink alcohol when they go into the tablernacle.
- Distinguish between animals that you may and may not eat.
- Eat animals that part the hoof, are clovenfootted, and chew the cud.
- Camels, conies, hares, and swine are unlcean.
- Don't eat camels, conies, hares, or swine.
- Eat animals that live in water and have fins and scales.
- Don't eat animals that live in the water but don't have fins or scales.
- Animals that live in the water but don't have fins or scales are abominations.
- The carcases of animals that live in the water but don't have fins or scales are abominations.
- The following birds are abominations: eagles, vultures, ospreys, kites, ravens, owls, nighthawks, hawks, cuckoos, cormorants, swans, pelicans, storks, herons, lapwings, and bats.
- The following birds may not be eaten: eagles, vultures, ospreys, kites, ravens, owls, nighthawks, hawks, cuckoos, cormorants, swans, pelicans, storks, herons, lapwings, and bats.
- All four-legged creeping fouls shall be an abomination to you.
- All flying creeping things are abominations, except for those that go on all four and have legs above their feet.
- Eat flying creeping things that walk on four with legs above their feet. Among these are locusts, beetles, and grasshoppers.
- If you touch the carcase of an unclean animal you must wash your clothes and be unclean until the evening.
- All beasts that go on all four paws are unclean to you.
- These animals are also unclean: weasels, mice, tortoises, ferrets, chameleons, lizards, snails, and moles.
- Whatever a dead unclean animal touches is unclean.
- If an animal that may be eaten dies of natural causes and you eat it, wash your clothes. After your clothes are washed, you will be unclean until evening.
- Every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth is an abomination.
- Don't eat creeping things that creep on the earth.
- Don't eat any animal that crawls on its belly, goes on all four, or has lots of feet.
- Any animal that crawls on its belly, goes on all four, or has lots of feet is an abomination.
- Don't make yourself abominable, defiled, or unclean with creeping things.
- A woman is unclean for seven days after delivering a male child.
- After this unlcean period is over, she must be purified for another 33 days.
- While a woman is being purified after childbirdh, she may not come into the sanctuary or touch any holy thing.
- A woman is unclean for two weeks after delivering a female child.
- After this unlcean period is over, she must be purified for another 66 days
- After childbirth, the mother must kill a lamb for a burnt offering and a dove or pigeon for a sin offering.
- Leprosy must be diagnosed by a priest.
- A person who suffers from leprosy is unclean.
- The following procedure must be used to diagnose leprosy.
- A priest must diagnose dry itch.
- A person with dry itch is unclean.
- The following procedure must be used to diagnose dry itch.
- A priest must diagnose freckles.
- A person with a freckle is clean.
- If a man has hair fall off of his head, he is bald but he is clean.
- If a man has hair fall off the part of his head that is toward his face, he is forehead bald but he is clean.
- If there is a white reddish sore on the bald man's head, the priest will declare him unclean.
- People with leprosy must destroy their clothes, not wear hats, and cover up their upper lips while shouting, "Unclean, Unclean!"
- People with leprosy are defiled.
- People with leprosy must live completely alone.
- The law of the plague of leprosy in a garment.
- Perform this ceremony after you are healed of leprosy.
- Perform these sacrifices after being cleansed of leprosy.
- What to do when your house has leprosy.
- A man with a running issue out of his flesh is unclean, whether it drips or not.
- Whatever he touches is also unclean.
- If you touch his bed, you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If you sit on anything upon which he sat, you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If you touch his flesh, you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If he spits on you, then you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If he touches you and he hasn't washed his hands, then you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If he touches a clay pot, it must be broken. If he touches a wood pot, it must be washed.
- When the man with the running issue out of his flesh is cleansed of his issue, he must wait seven days and then wash his clothes and take a bath.
- On the eighth day after a man is cleansed of a running issue out of his flesh, he must bring two doves or two pigeons to a priest who will kill one for a sin
offering and one for a burnt offering.
- Whenever a "man's seed of copulation go out from him," he must wash in water and be unclean until evening.
- Any clothing or skin that has come into contact with semen must be washed in water. They are unclean until the evening.
- If a woman was with the man when his seed of copulation went out from him, she must take a bath and be unclean until the evening.
- A menstruating woman must be isolated for seven days.
- Whoever touches her is unclean until the evening.
- Everything that she touches is unclean, including whatever she sits upon.
- If you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- If you touch anything that she has sat on, you must take a bath and be unclean until the evening.
- If a man has sex with a menstruating woman, he is unclean for seven days.
- If a woman has vaginal bleeding outside of her regular menstrual period, she is unclean.
- Sacrifices required after abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Every bed, chair, or other object that she touches in such a condition is also unclean.
- If you touch anything that she has touched, you must wash your clothes, take a bath, and be unclean until the evening.
- Priests should be careful when entering the holy place. If a priest comes at the wrong time, God will kill him.
- Perform each year's Yom Kippur sacrifices.
- You must afflict your soul on the tenth day of the seventh month.
- Don't do any work on the tenth day of the seventh month.
- Kill your animal sacrifices at the door of the tabernacle.
- Don't sacrifice animals to devils.
- When you kill an animal while hunting, pour
its blood on the ground and cover it with dirt.
- Don't do after the doings of the Egyptians and Canaanites.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of any of your near relatives.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your father.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your mother.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your father's wife.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your mother.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your granddaughter, the daughter of your son.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your granddaughter, the daughter of your daughter.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your father's wife's daughter.
- Don't uncover the nakendess of your father's sister.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your father's brother.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your father's brother's wife.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your son's wife.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter.
- Don't uncover the nakedness of a woman and her granddaughter (her son's daughter).
- Don't uncover the nakedness of a woman and her granddaughter (her daughter's daughter).
- Don't marry your wife's sister while your wife is still alive.
- Don't approach a menstruating woman to uncover her nakedness.
- Don't have sex with your neighbor's wife.
- Don't burn your children to death.
- Don't profane God's name.
- If you are a man, don't have sex with another man. It is abomination.
- Don't have sex with animals.
- Fear your mother and father.
- Don't turn to idols.
- If you eat a peace offering on the third day after the animal is sacrificed, you will be cut off.
- Leave the corners of your field and some of your grapes in your vineyard unharvested for poor people
and strangers to eat.
- Don't swear falsely in God's name.
- Don't defraud.
- Pay your workers at the end of each working day.
- Fear God.
- Don't curse deaf people.
- Don't cause a blind person to stumble.
- Judge others fairly.
- Don't gossip.
- Don't endanger the life of your neighbor.
- Don't hate your brother.
- Rebuke your neighbors.
- Don't seek revenge.
- Grudge not.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Obey all of the commandments.
- Don't crossbreed your animals.
- Don't plant crops with mixed seed.
- Don't wear a garment made from different kinds of fibers.
- If a man has sex with another man's concubine, scourge the concubine and kill a goat for the man's trespass offering.
- Don't eat fruit from a tree for the first three years of its life.
- The fruit that a tree produces during its fourth year is holy and must be offered to God.
- Eat fruit that a tree produces during its fifth year.
- Don't use enchantment.
- Don't observe times.
- Don't round the corners of your head.
- Don't ruin the corners of your beard.
- Don't cut your skin for dead people.
- Don't have any tattoos on your body.
- Don't force your daughter to become a whore.
- Revere God's sanctuary.
- Don't go a whoring after people with familiar spirits.
- Don't seek after wizards.
- Stand in the presence of old people.
- Honor the face of an old man.
- Don't vex strangers.
- Love the stranger as yourself.
- Don't cheat.
- Stone to death parents who sacrifice their children to Molech.
- If a man has sex with another man's wife, kill them both.
- If a man has sex with his father's wife, kill them both.
- If a man has sex with his daughter in law, kill them both.
- If a man has sex with another man, they have committed an abomination. Kill them both.
- If a man "takes" a wife and her mother, burn all three.
- Kill any animal that has sex with a human.
- If a man has sex with his sister or half-sister, they shall be cut off.
- If a man has sex with a menstruating woman, they shall be cut off.
- Don't have sex with your uncle's wife.
- Don't take your brother's wife.
- Don't walk in the manners of the nations that God destroyed for you.
- Distinguish between clean and unclean animals.
- Don't make your soul abominable by beast or fowl.
- Stone to death wizards.
- Stone to death people with familiar spirits.
- A priest shall not defile himself by touching a dead body.
- A priest may defile himself with dead close relatives.
- Priests must not make any baldness on their heads.
- Or shave off the corners of their beards.
- Or make any cuttings on their flesh.
- A priest must be holy to God.
- A priest must not profane God's name.
- A priest shall not marry a whore.
- Or a profane woman.
- Or a divorced woman.
- Sanctify priests.
- If the daughter of a priest plays the whore, burn her to death.
- A high priest must not uncover his head.
- Or tear his clothes.
- He must marry a virgin from his own people.
- He must not get near any dead bodies, even those of his father or mother.
- He shall not go out of the sanctuary.
- Or profane the sanctuary.
- A high priest may not marry a widow.
- Or a divorced woman.
- Or a profane woman.
- Or a harlot.
- He must not profane his seed among the people.
- A priest must not approach the altar if he has any blemish.
- Priests must stay away from holy things when they are unclean.
- A priest who has leprosy may not eat holy things.
- A priest with a running isuue may not eat holy things.
- A priest who has touched an unclean dead thing may not eat holy things.
- A priest whose seed has gone from him may not eat holy things.
- A priest who has touched a creeping thing may not eat holy things.
- No stranger shall eat of the holy thing.
- No one who is visiting a priest shall eat of the holy thing.
- No hired servant of a priest shall eat of the holy thing.
- If a priest buys a slave, the slave and his family may eat the priest's meat.
- If a priest's daughter marries a stranger, she may not eat holy things.
- If a priest's daughter returns to her father's house after she is divorced or widowed, she can eat of her father's meat,
as long as she didn't have any children while she was married.
- If you eat the holy thing by mistake, you must pay the priest for it, plus a 20% fine.
- Don't profane the holy things that Jews offer and eat.
- Don't offer God any blemished animals.
- When making a vow, don't offer God any animals with extra or missing body parts.
- But animals with extra or missing body parts may be used in freewill offerings.
- Don't get your sacrificial animals from strangers.
- Wait until a bullock, sheep, or goat is eight days old before killing and burning its dead body for God.
- Don't kill a newborn animal and its mother on the same day.
- Hallow God's name.
- On each of the seven days of Passover, kill and burn two young bulls, one ram, and seven first-year lambs.
- Offer the first fruits of your harvest to God as a wave offering, with an unblemished one-year old lamb as a burnt offering. Include a meat offering and a liter of wine.
- Don't eat any bread or grain until you offer God the harvest sacrifice.
- Count fifty days after the wave-offering Sabbath.
- Have a holy convocation fifty days after the wave-offering Sabbath.
- Don't do any work on the holy convocation day.
- Fifty days after the harvest sacrifice, kill seven unblemished year-old lambs, one young bullock, two rams, one young goat, and two more year-old lambs.
- Include two loaves of bread when you're sacficing the seven lambs.
- On the first day of the seventh month have a trumpet-blowing sabbath, a holy convocation.
- Don't do any work on the first day of the seventh month.
- On the tenth day of the seventh month there shall be a day of atonement, a holy convocation.
- If you don't afflict your soul on the tenth day of the seventh month, you will be cut off.
- The seven-day feast of tabernacles begins of the fifteenth day of the seventh month.
- Don't do any work on the first day of the feast of tabernacles.
- During the seven-day feast of tabernacles rejoice with tree and palm branches.
- Don't do any work on the eighth day of the feast of tabernacles.
- Dwell in booths for seven days in the feast of the seventh month.
- Bake twelve cakes and set them before the Lord.
- Stone to death blasphemers.
- If you kill someone else's animal, replace it.
- The same laws apply to strangers as to those who live in the country.
- Every fifty years, blow a trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month.
- Declare a jubilee year every fifty years.
- Return to your family on the jubilee year.
- During the jubilee year, don't sow, reap, or gather grapes.
- On each Jubilee year, return all purchased property to the original owners.
- Don't oppress one another.
- Buy and sell property based on the number of years since the last jubilee, with the price proportional to the number of years until the next jubilee year.
- Don't worry about what you'll eat on the seventh year when you plant no crops.
- Don't sell real estate.
- If you buy land, you must allow the seller the right to buy it back.
- If one of your poor relatives is forced to sell land, then you must buy it, with the usual Jubilee year pricing.
- If you sell a house in a walled city, you have the right to buy it back within a year after the sale.
- If you sell a house in an village without a wall, you may buy it back whenever you like.
- The Levites' cities are their possessions, which they may redeem at any time.
- The fields in the suburbs of the Levites' cities may never be sold.
- Help the poor.
- If someone in your country becomes poor and is sold to you as a slave, treat that person as a servant, not as a slave, and set him free on the next jubilee year.
- When you buy slaves, buy a heathen from a nearby country.
- You may also buy slaves that are strangers, or their children that are born in your land.
- Your slaves are your property and your children will inherit them after you die. They will be your family's slaves forever.
- If a foreigner buys someone who lives in this country, the slave may be bought back by the slave's family, with the usual jubilee year pricing.
- Don't make idols.
- Don't rear up a standing image.
- Don't set up an image of a stone.
- Put a dollar value on human life according to the following table.
- Determine the value of animals according to the following rules.
- When making your sacrifices, don't change or exchange holy animals for defective ones.
- Value holy houses according to the following rules.
- Value sanctified fields according to the following rules.
- If a field is sold or not redeemed during the Jubilee year, it becomes the priest's possession.
- Don't sanctify the firstlings of your beasts, since they are the Lord's.
- Humans who are devoted to God cannot be sold or redeemed.
- Animals that are devoted to God cannot be sold or redeemed.
- An animal that is devoted to God must be killed.
- Humans who are devoted to God must be killed.
- Give God 10% of everything you have.
- You can buy your 10% tithe back by paying 20%.
- Give God 10% of your cattle, without regard to quality.
- The cattle tithe cannot be redeemed.
- Don't allow anyone who has an issue to live near you.
- Don't allow anyone who has touched a dead body to live near you.
- If you sin, confess your sin.
- If a you sin, you must pay back the preson who you injured plus 20%.
- If the injured person and his family cannot be found, then the payment goes to the priest instead.
- All holy donations belong to the priest.
- The Law of Jealousies: What a man must do when he suspects that his wife has been unfaithful.
- A Nazarite may not drink any alcoholic beverages.
- Or eat anything that comes from a grapevine.
- He must not cut his hair.
- And he must stay away from dead bodies, including dead family members.
- If you are a Nazarite and happen to be nearby when someone dies, you must:
- When you decide to quit being a Nazarite, you must:
- After you retire, you may drink wine once again.
- Priests must bless the children of Israel, using these words.
- The sons of Kohath must bear the holy things on their shoulders.
- Do these things to all the Levites in your community.
- Separate the Levites from everyone else.
- The working age for Levites is 25 to 50.
- Celebrate Passover on the evening of the fourteenth day of the first month.
- If you are unclean or traveling at the time of Passover, observe the special Passover for unclean people.
- Don't leave any leftovers when observing Unclean Passover.
- Don't break any of the lamb's bones when observing Unclean Passover.
- If you are clean and not traveling and refuse to celebrate Passover, you will be cut off from your people.
- Strangers must observe the Passover.
- Make two silver trumpets to call people to meetings.
- Only the descendants of Aaron can blow the trumpets.
- When you go to war, blow the trumpets to remind God to save you from your enemies.
- Blow the trumpets on happy days, and solemn days, at the beginning of every month, and over your
burnt and peace offerings.
- When doing your burnt and peace offerings, include 0.3 deal of flour and a drink offering of half a hin of wine for a drink offering.
- Everyone must sacrifice animals to God.
- When you eat the bread of the land, include a cake of your first dough for a heave offering.
- Put fringes on your garments.
- Stone to death anyone who gathers sticks on the Sabbath.
- Don't seek after your own heart or your own eyes.
- The Levites must serve the priests.
- The Levites are in charge of the tabernacle.
- Levites may not come near the vessels or the altar.
- Strangers may not come near a priest.
- Priests are in charge of the heave offerings and other holy things by ordianance forever.
- The priests must eat the most holy meat offerings, sin offerings, and trespass offerings in the holy place.
- Every clean descendant of Aaron, both male and female, may eat heave offerings and wave offerings.
- The priests (and their clean family memembers) get all the best oil, wine, wheat, and first fruits.
- Every firstborn human and animal belongs to the priests.
- Firstborn sons and unclean beasts can be redeemed (bought back) from the priests by paying 5 shekels after the baby boy or unclean beast is 30 days old.
- Don't redeem firstling cows, sheep, and goats.
- Sprinkle the blood of firstling cows, sheep, and goats on the
altar and burn their fat for a sweet savor unto the Lord.
- The priests get the wave breasts and heave shoulders.
- Priests shall have no inheritance.
- The Levites get one-tenth of everything everyone else possesses.
- If you're not a Levite, stay away from the tabernacle or you will bear sin and die.
- The Levites must offer God a heave offering worth one-tenth of their tithe.
- Don't pollute the holy things.
- Make holy water from the ashes of a spotless red cow.
- Follow this procedure to get clean after touching a dead body, bone, grave, unclean person, or water of separation.
- If a man dies and has no son, then his daughter receives the inheritance.
- On each Sabbath, kill two first-year unblemished lambs.
- On the first day of every month, kill and burn two young bulls, one ram, and seven first-year unspotted lambs.
- Each year at harvest time, kill two young bulls, one ram, and seven lambs as burnt offerings, and one kid of the goats for a burnt offering.
- On the first day of the seventh month, kill a young bull, one ram, and seven unblemished first-year lambs. Add a kid of the goats for a sin offering.
- On the tenth day of the seventh month kill a young bull, a ram, and seven unblemished first-year lambs as burnt offerings, and a kid of the goats for a sin offering.
- On the fifteenth day of the seventh month, kill thirteen young bulls, two rams, and fourteen unblemished first-year lambs for burnt offerings, and one kid of the goats for a sin offering.
- On the second day of the seventh month, kill twelve young bulls, two rams, and fourteen unspotted first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one kid of the goats for a sin offering.
- On the third day of the seventh month, kill eleven bulls, two rams, and fourteen unblemished first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- On the fourth day of the seventh month, kill ten bulls, two rams, and fourteen unblemished first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- On the fifth day of the seventh month, kill nine bulls, two rams, and fourteen unspotted first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- On the sixth day of the seventh month, kill eight bulls, two rams, and fourteen unblemished first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- On the seventh day of the seventh month, kill seven bulls, two rams, and fourteen unblemished first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- On the eighth day of seventh month, kill one bull, one ram, and seven unblemished first-year lambs for meat offerings, and one goat for a sin offering.
- Men must keep their promises.
- A woman who lives in her father's house doesn't have to keep her promise, unless her father agrees with it.
- A married woman desn't have to keep her promise, unless her husband agrees with it.
- Widows and divorced women must keep their promises.
- Don't do evil in the sight of the Lord.
- Give the Levites 48 cities and suburbs.
- Make six cities of refuge (three on each side of the Jordan River), where accidental murderers can flee.
- Murderers must be killed by "the revenger of blood" (the victim's nearest male relative).
- If someone kills another person accidentally, then the congregation sends him to a city of refuge, where he shall live until the high priest dies.
- It takes two witnesses to kill a murderer.
- Don't accept monetary restitution for a the life of the murderer.
- Don't accept monetary restitution for the person who has fled to the city of refuge.
- A woman who receives an inheritance must not marry outside of her father's tribe.
- Don't add any commandments.
- Don't delete any commandments.
- Hear: God is one.
- Love God.
- Keep the commandments in your heart.
- Teach the commandments to your children.
- Talk about the commandments.
- Write the commandments on your doorposts and gates.
- Swear in God's name
- Don't go after other gods.
- Don't tempt God.
- Do good.
- When God takes away land from other people and gives it to you, you must kill all the inhabitants.
- When God takes land from other people and gives it to you, don't make any treaties with them.
- Have neither mercy nor pity when you to commit a God-commanded genocide.
- Don't marry non-believers.
- Don't let your children marry non-believers.
- Don't be afraid of heathens.
- Don't desire the silver and gold on the graven images of other gods.
- Don't bring an abomination into your house.
- Detest and abhor an abomination.
- Bless God when you finish eating.
- Don't forget God.
- Walk in God's ways.
- Circumcise the foreskin of your heart.
- Don't be stiffnecked.
- Cleave to God.
- Don't destroy God's holy things.
- Do all of your burnt offerings, heave offerings, sacrifices, vows, etc. in a special place that God will someday choose for you.
- Kill and eat whatever your soul lusts after.
- Don't eat your tithe (of corn, wine, oil, and firstlings) inside the gates the your city.
- Don't forsake the Levites.
- If a prophet gives you a sign or a wonder and asks you to go after other gods, don't listen to him.
- Kill prophets who give you a sign or a wonder.
- Walk after God.
- Obey God's voice.
- If your family or friends try to get you to worship another god, stone them to death.
- Don't consent to, listen to, pity, spare, or conceal your family or friends as you stone them to death.
- If you hear about a city in which some of the inhabitants are encouraging others to believe
in other gods, then find out if it is true.
- If you find that it is true, kill all the people in the city, along with the animals.
- Then burn the city along with the spoil, and never rebuild it again.
- Don't cleave to the cursed thing.
- Don't make any baldness between your eyes for dead people.
- Don't eat any abominable thing.
- Eat these animals: oxen, sheep, goats, harts, roebucks, fallow deer, pygargs, and chamois.
- Aquatic and marine animals that lack fins or scales are unlean.
- Eat clean birds.
- Every creeping thing that flies is unclean.
- Don't eat fowls that creep and walk upon all four.
- Reserve a tenth of your produce each year, including corn, wine, oil, and firslings of your heard and flocks.
- Take it to wherever God tells you to take it, and consume it there.
- If it's too far away to carry everything, then sell your stuff and bring the money instead.
- When you get there, you can buy oxen, sheep, wine, strong drink -- whatever your soul lusts after.
- Every three years bring a tenth of your produce to the city gates and leave it for Levites, strangers, the fatherless, and widows.
- Cancel all debts every seven years.
- Foreingers must pay their debts during "the Lord's release."
- Lend money to other nations.
- Don't borrow money from other nations.
- Lend money during the seventh year, knowing that the loan will soon be forgiven and you won't get your money back.
- When you set your Hebrew slave free, give him lots of gifts.
- Don't do any work with your firstborn bull.
- Don't shear your firstborn sheep.
- Eat your firstborn bulls and sheep in the place where God chooses.
- Eat unleavened bread for six days.
- Males must bring God gifts when they meet with him three times a year.
- Appoint judges, officers, and magistrates.
- Don't plant trees near God's altar.
- Don't set up an image that God hates.
- Stone to death anyone who worships another god.
- At least two witnesses are required to convict someone of a crime.
- If something comes up and you don't know what to do, go to the place where the Lord chooses and ask a priest to tell you what to do. Then do whatever he says.
- Kill anyone who refuses to obey a priest.
- Kill anyone who refuses to obey a judge.
- Accept as king whomever God chooses.
- Don't accept a stranger as your king.
- The king shall not have too many horses.
- The king shall not take the people to Egypt.
- Don't live in Egypt.
- The king shall not have too many wives.
- The king shall not have too much silver and gold.
- The king must write down all of the commandments.
- The king must read the commandments every day of his life.
- When you offer a sacrifice of ox or sheep, give the priest the shoulder, the two cheeks, and the maw.
- Give the priest the firstfruits of your corn, wine, and oil.
- Also give the priest the first fleece from your sheep.
- If a Levite decides to live in a community, then he must be paid the same as the other Levites that reside there.
- Don't learn to do the abominations of other nations.
- Don't allow anyone who uses divination to live in your community.
- Don't allow anyone who observes times to live in your community.
- Don't allow enchanters to live in your community.
- Don't allow witches to live in your community.
- Don't allow charmers to live in your community.
- Don't allow consulters with familiar spirits to live in your community.
- Don't allow wizards to live in your community.
- Don't allow necromancers to live in your community.
- Be perfect.
- Someday God will raise up a prophet and put words in his mouth. When he does, do whatever that prophet tells you to do.
- Kill false prophets.
- Kill the prophets of other gods.
- Don't be afraid of false prophets.
- Don't pity the person who is being punished.
- Don't remove your neighbor's landmark.
- Punish false witnesses by doing to them what they falsely accused the defendant of doing.
- Don't be afraid when you go into battle.
- Before going into battle, a priest shall speak to the soldiers.
- Men who have recently built houses, shall not fight in wars.
- Men who have recently planted a vineyard, shall not fight in wars.
- Men who have recently married, shall not fight in wars.
- Men who are fearful or fainthearted, shall not fight in wars.
- If a city decides not to fight against you, enslave its inhabitants.
- If a city resists your attack, enslave the women and younger children.
- If a city resists your attack, kill every male in the city.
- When God gives you a city, you must kill everything in it that breathes.
- When you besiege a city, don't kill the fruit trees.
- When you besiege a city, kill all the trees that do not bear edible fruit.
- If you find a murder victim, have the elders decapitate a heifer, wash their hands, and say, "Our hands have not shed this blood, neither have our eyes seen it."
- When God delivers your enemies into your hands, and you see a beautiful woman among the captives, take her home, have sex with her, and marry her
(after letting her mourn her parents for a month).
- If she doesn't fully satisfy you, let her go without selling her.
- If you have two wives, one beloved and another hated, and your firstborn son was born of your hated wife, then give him twice the inheritance of your beloved wife's firstborn son.
- Stone to death stubborn and rebellious sons.
- Don't be a drunkard of a glutton.
- Whoever commits a sin that is worthy of death shall be killed and hung on a tree.
- But don't let the body hang overnight.
- If you find a lost item, return it to its owner.
- If you see a donkey or an ox fall down, lift it up.
- Women may not wear men's clothing.
- Men may not wear women's clothing.
- If you see a bird's nest, don't take the mother bird.
- When building a roof, make sure it is safe.
- Don't plant a vineyard with different kinds of seeds.
- Don't plow with an ox and an ass together.
- If a man accuses his wife of not being a virgin on her wedding night, and her parents are unable to produce the bloody sheets to disprove the accusation,
then the men of the city shall stone her to death.
- If a man falsely accuses his wife of not being a virgin on her wedding night, then the he can never divorce her.
- If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city, stone her and the rapist to death.
- If a man rapes a betrothed damsel outside of the city, then kill the man but do nothing to the damsel.
- If a man rapes an unbetrothed virgin, the rapist must pay her father fifty shekels of silver, marry his victim, and never divorce her.
- A man with damaged testicles or a severed penis may not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
- A bastard may not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
- You may not enter into the congregation of the Lord unless you can prove that there were no bastards
among your ancestors in the last ten generations.
- An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
- Don't seek the peace or prosperity of Ammonites or Moabites.
- Don't abhor Edomites.
- Don't abhor Egyptians.
- The grandchildren of Egyptians (and maybe Edomites) may enter the congregation of the Lord.
- When you go to war, stay away from wicked things.
- If you have a wet dream, go to the special wet dream place and wash with water in the evening before returning to camp.
- Prepare a place to go to the bathroom.
- When you defecate, cover up your excrement.
- Don't return runaway slaves to their masters.
- Let them live with you in peace and freedom.
- Don't allow any whores to live in your community.
- Don't allow any sodomites to live in your community.
- Don't bring the hire of a whore into the house of the Lord.
- Don't bring the price of a dog into the house of the Lord.
- Don't charge interest when loaning money.
- When loaning money to strangers, it's okay to charge interest.
- If you make a vow to the Lord, you must keep it.
- You may eat grapes from your neighbor's vineyard.
- You may pluck kernels of grain from your neighbor's farm.
- If you take a wife, and you find some uncleanness in her, divorce her and kick her out of your house.
- A divorced wife may marry another man, but if her new husband divorces her because he hates her too (or if he dies), then her former husband must not remarry her.
- When a man takes a new wife, he shall not do any business; he shall be free for one year to cheer up his new wife.
- Don't take a man's millstone as collateral in a loan.
- If you get leprosy, do whatever the priests tell you to do.
- Remember what God did to Miriam.
- If you lend someone something, don't go into their house to collect the collateral.
- Don't oppress the poor and afflicted.
- Don't kill fathers for things their children did, and vice versa.
- Don't pervert the judgment of strangers.
- Don't pervert the judgment of fatherless children.
- Don't take a widow's clothing for collateral in a loan.
- If you forget to harvest some of your field, leave it for strangers, fatherless children, and widows.
- Only beat your olive trees once.
- After you pick your grapes, don't pick the ones you missed.
- Remember that you were a slave in Egypt.
- When a judge decides that someone is wicked, make him lie down and beat him with up to forty lashes.
- Don't muzzle an ox while it is treading the grain.
- If a man dies before his wife has a child, his widow must not marry a stranger.
- Rather, she must marry her dead husband's brother.
- When a man marries his dead brother's wife, the firstborn son receives the dead brother's name.
- If a man refuses to "go in unto" his dead brother's wife, she shall loosen his shoe and spit in his face.
- A man who refuses to have sex with his dead brother's wife shall be called "him that has his shoe loosed."
- If two men fight and the wife of one grabs the "secrets" of the other, "then thou shalt cut off her hand."
- Don't pity the woman as you cut off her hand.
- Kill Amalekites (men, women, infants and sucklings, ox and sheep, camel and ass).
- Take your basket of first fruits to the priest.
- After you finish giving your tithe, say the following words to God:
- Don't make a molten image.
- Don't set light by your father or mother.
- Remember what Amalek did to you.
- Don't pervert the judgement of widows.
- Don't smite your neighbor secretly.
- Don't kill an innocent person for money.
- Don't change the commandments.
- Every seven years, read the commandments to all the people in a place that God will choose.
- Write down the Song of Moses and teach people to sing it.
- Put the commandments in the ark of the covenant.
- Don't eat the fat or drink the wine of offerings made to other gods.
- Command your children to obey all of the commandments.
- Meditate on the commandments day and night.
- Take twelve stones from the Jordan River as a memorial forever.
- Show your children the twelve stones.
- Stay away from the cursed thing.
- Stone (and burn) to death anyone who takes the accursed thing.
- Destroy the cursed thing.
- Don't swear by the name of any other god.
- Don't serve Baalim.
- Don't touch the ark.
1 Chronicles 13:10
- Thank God.
1 Chronicles 16:8a
- Call on God's name.
1 Chronicles 16:8b
- Tell everyone about the great things God has done.
1 Chronicles 16:8c
- Sing to God.
1 Chronicles 16:9a
- Glory in God's holy name.
1 Chronicles 16:10
- Seek God.
1 Chronicles 16:11a
- Seek God's face.
1 Chronicles 16:11b
- Remember God's marvelous works, wonders, and judgments of his mouth.
1 Chronicles 16:12
- Don't touch the Lord's anointed.
1 Chronicles 16:22a
- Don't harm God's prophets.
1 Chronicles 16:22b
- Show forth God's salvation from day to day.
1 Chronicles 16:23
- Declare God's glory among the heathen.
1 Chronicles 16:24
- Praise God.
1 Chronicles 16:25
- Give God glory.
1 Chronicles 16:28a
- Give God strength.
1 Chronicles 16:28b
- Bring an offering and come before God.
1 Chronicles 16:29a
- Worship God.
1 Chronicles 16:29b
- Say to God: "Save us, gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen."
1 Chronicles 16:35
- Say to the heathens, "God reigns."
1 Chronicles 16:31
- Seek all of the commandments.
1 Chronicles 28:8a
- Possess your land and leave it for an inheritance for your children.
1 Chronicles 28:8b
- Bless God.
1 Chromicles 29:20
- Kill whoever will not seek the Lord.
2 Chronicles 15:13-15
- Don't help the ungodly.
2 Chronicles 19:2a
- Don't love those that hate the Lord.
2 Chronicles 19:2b
- Take away the groves out of the land.
2 Chronicles 19:3
- Only priests and Levites may enter the house of the Lord.
2 Chronicles 23:6-7
- Don't sacrifice or burn incense in high places, on hills, or under green trees.
2 Chronicles 28:4-5
- Sanctify the house of the Lord.
2 Chronicles 29:5a
- Remove the filthiness from the holy place.
2 Chronicles 29:5c
- Don't turn away your face (or back) from the habitation of the Lord.
2 Chronicles 29:6-8
- Don't shut the doors of the porch or put out the lamps.
2 Chronicles 29:7
- Enter the Lord's sanctuary.
2 Chronicles 30:8
- Don't build high places.
2 Chronicles 33:1-3
- Don't rear up altars for Baalim.
2 Chronicles 33:1-3
- Don't make groves.
2 Chronicles 33:1-3
- Don't worship the host of heaven.
2 Chronicles 33:1-3
- Don't serve the host of heaven.
2 Chronicles 33:1-3
- Don't build altars for the host of heaven in the house of the Lord.
2 Chronicles 33:1-5
- Don't use witchcraft.
2 Chronicles 33:1-6
- Don't set a carved image in the house of God.
2 Chronicles 33:1-7
- Don't forsake God.
2 Chronicles 29:6-8
- Don't trespass against God.
2 Chronicles 29:6-8
- Yield to God.
2 Chronicles 30:8a
- Don't tax priests, Levites, singers, porters, Nethinim, or ministers of the house of God.
- Kill, banish, imprison, and/or confiscate the goods of anyone who refuses to obey the commandments.
- Kill, banish, imprison, and/or confiscate the goods of anyone who refuses to obey the law of the king.
- Don't seek the peace and wealth of filthy, abominable people.
- Put away all your strange ex-wives.
- Put away any of your sons and daughters that were born of your strange ex-wives.
- Don't buy any food on the Sabbath or holy day.
- Give one-third of a shekel each year for the service of the house of God.
- Bring all of firstborn animals to the house of God.
- Ask God.
- Break heathen with a rod of iron and smash them into little pieces.
- Be wise.
- Be instructed.
- Kiss the son.
- Know that God has set apart the godly for himself.
- Stand in awe.
- Commune with your own heart upon your bed.
- Be still.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousness.
- Trust God.
- Declare God's doings among the people.
- Be brave.
- Get understanding.
- Be glad in God.
- Magnify God.
- Exalt God's name.
- Taste and see that God is good.
- Don't say evil things.
- Don't do evil things.
- Don't worry about evildoers.
- Don't envy the bad guys.
- Commit your way to God.
- Rest in God.
- Wait for God.
- Don't be angry.
- Don't be wrathful.
- Shout to God with the voice of triumph.
- Clap your hands.
- Sing praise.
- Walk around Zion.
- Listen to Psalm 49.
- Gather God's saints.
- Listen to God.
- Make vows to God.
- Glorify God.
- Cast your burden upon God.
- Pour your heart out to God.
- If you become wealthy, don't value your riches too much.
- Make a joyful noise to God.
- Tell God that his works are terrible, that his enemies will submit to him,
and that everyone will worship and sing to him.
- See the terrible things that God has done (and continues to do) to people.
- Extol him that rides upon the heavens.
- Acknowledge God's strength.
- Blow the trumpet in the new moon.
- Don't harden your heart.
- Bless God's name.
- Declare God's wonders to all people.
- Make a loud noise.
- Exalt God.
- Worship at God's footstool.
- Worship at God's holy hill.
- Know that the Lord is God.
- Praise God's name.
- Lift up your hands in the sanctuary.
- Listen to your father.
- Don't forget the commandments.
- Be merciful.
- Don't trust your own understanding.
- Acknowledge God in everything you do.
- Don't be wise in your own eyes.
- Honor God with your substance.
- Be satisfied with your wife's breasts.
- Don't be afraid of sudden fear.
- Don't be afraid of the desolation of the wicked.
- In so far as you are able, help those who deserve to be helped.
- Don't tell your neighbor, I'll help you tomorrow if you have the means to help them today.
- Don't make evil plans against your neighbor.
- Don't fight for no reason.
- Don't trust in oppression.
- Obey the author of the book of Proverbs.
- Exalt wisdom.
- Keep an eye on your heart.
- Watch what you say.
- Look straight ahead.
- Watch your step.
- Make no right or left turns.
- If you step in something evil, remove your foot.
- Stay away from strange women.
- Drink from your own well.
- Let your fountains run into the streets.
- Don't share your fountains with strangers.
- Let your fountain be blessed.
- Rejoice with your wife.
- Let God chastise you.
- If you promise to do something for a friend and then aren't able to do it, apologize immediately.
- Learn from the ant, you sluggard.
- Stay away from evil women.
- Say to wisdom, "You are my sister."
- Say to understanding, "You are my female relative."
- Understand wisdom.
- Have an understanding heart.
- Forsake the foolish.
- Don't reprove a scorner.
- Stay away from foolish people.
- Commit your works to God.
- Beat your children and don't stop just because they cry.
- Smite a scorner.
- Reprove people who understand.
- Take a garment as collateral when loaning money to a stranger or a strange women.
- Don't return evil for evil.
- Don't close your ears to the cry of the poor.
- Teach your children well.
- Listen to the words of the wise.
- Don't rob poor people.
- Don't be friends with angry people.
- Don't agree to pay off other people's loans.
- When you eat dinner with an important person, think about what to say and don't overeat.
- Avoid wealth.
- Don't eat bread with anyone who has an evil eye.
- Don't talk to fools.
- Don't walk on the fields of the fatherless.
- Stay away from winebibbers.
- Stay away from wild-eyed meat eaters.
- Don't hate your mother when she gets old.
- Find and adhere to the truth.
- Don't look at the wine while it is red.
- Eat honey.
- Don't ambush righteous people.
- Don't rejoice when your enemy stumbles.
- Fear the king.
- Don't associate with people who are trying to change things.
- Kiss on the lips whoever has the right answer.
- Complete your outdoor work before building your house.
- Don't brag.
- Don't be hasty to strive with your neighbor.
- Don't reveal secrets.
- Don't eat too much honey.
- Stay out of your neighbor's house.
- Give your enemy food and water.
- Whip horses, bridle donkeys, and beat fools with a rod.
- Don't answer a fool according to his folly.
- Answer a fool according to his folly.
- Don't believe what hateful people say.
- Don't forsake your friends or your father's friends.
- When disaster strikes, don't ask your brother for help.
- Take care of your sheep and goats.
- Don't hide your eytes [from the poor].
- Don't accuse a slave to his master.
- Don't give your strength to women.
- Don't try to overthrow the king.
- Give strong drinks to the dying.
- Give wine to sad people.
- Defend the poor and those who cannot speak for themselves.
- Reward and praise virtuous women.
- When you go to the house of God, be more ready to hear than to give the evil sacrifice of fools
- Don't be hasty to say things to God.
- Don't say, "Why were things better in the good old days?"
- Consider the work of God.
- Don't be overly righteous.
- Don't be overly wise.
- Don't be overly wicked.
- Don't be foolish.
- Don't pay attention to everything people say.
- Keep the king's commandment.
- Don't be hasty to leave the king's sight.
- Don't stand in an evil thing.
- Eat bread with joy.
- Drink wine with a merry heart.
- Always wear white clothes.
- Always have some ointment on your head.
- Live life to the fullest. It's the only life you'll ever have.
- Don't curse the rich from your bedroom.
- Cast your bread upon the waters.
- Give some to seven or eight.
- Be happy while you are young.
- Keep evil things away from your flesh.
- Don't bring God any more vain oblations.
- Wash yourself.
- Don't let God see your evil doings.
- Learn to do well.
- Seek judgment.
- Relieve the oppressed.
- Judge the fatherless.
- Plead for widows.
- Walk in the light of the Lord.
- Don't value human life.
- Tell the righteous people that everything will be OK for them.
- Sanctify God.
- Bind up the testimony.
- Seal the law among Isaiah's disciples.
- Cry out loud.
- Say to those who are afraid, "Be strong."
- Get saved by looking at God.
- Remember things that happened a long time ago.
- Follow righteousness.
- Look at the rock from which you were hewn.
- Look at the hole from which you are dug.
- Look at Abraham and Sarah, your father and mother.
- If you are thirsty, come to the waters.
- If you have no money, buy food, wine, and milk.
- Eat that which is good.
- Let your soul delight in fatness.
- Don't let a eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."
- Swear to God.
- If your wife commits adultery, divorce her.
- Swear that the Lord lives.
- Gird yourself in sackcloth.
- Wallow in ashes.
- Don't oppress the fatherless.
- Don't oppress widows.
- Don't walk after other gods.
- Don't pray for certain people.
- Eat your own sacrifices and burnt offerings. God never asked for them and doesn't want them.
- Don't trust anyone. Not even your family, friends, or neighbors.
- Don't learn the way of the heathen.
- Don't worry about the signs of heaven.
- You've got to change your evil ways.
- Don't listen to prophets.
- Don't cry.
- Free your Hebrew slaves.
- Don't do the work of the Lord deceitfully.
- Keep your sword bloody.
- Run to and fro by the hedges.
- Keep yourself and your daughters busy.
- Don't be proud.
- Don't commit abominations in front of God.
- Don't lift up your eyes to Israel's idols.
- Don't come near a menstruating woman.
- Return the collateral after a debt is paid.
- Don't commit armed robbery.
- Withdraw your hand from iniquity.
- Deal truly. 18:5-9
- Cast away the abominations of your eyes.
- Don't defile yourself with Egyptian idols.
- Don't open the gate.
- Don't bring any strangers or people with uncircumcised hearts or flesh to God's sanctuary
when offering him fat and blood.
- The Levites shall not be priests or come near God or any holy thing.
- Priests shall not wear clothes that make them sweat.
- When priests enter the utter court they must take their garments off and put other garments on.
- Priests shall not sanctify the people with their garments.
- Priests shall not have long hair.
- A priest may not marry a widow, unless she was previously married to a priest.
- Priests must marry maidens of the seed of the house of Israel.
- Priests shall teach people the difference between the holy and the profane, the clean
and the unclean.
- Every controversy shall be judged by priests according to God's judgments.
- Priests shall keep all of God's laws, statutes, assemblies, and sabbaths.
- After a priest is cleansed, he must wait seven days to make a sin offering.
- Every dedicated thing in Israel belongs to the priests.
- Give the priest the first of your dough.
- A priest may not eat any animal that is killed by a predator or dies of natural causes.
- On the day of a new moon, sacrifice one bullock, one ram, and six lambs.
- Return to God.
- Wake up, you drunkards; weep and howl, because your wine is cut off.
- Mourn like a virgin in sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
- Sanctify a fast
- Call a solemn assembly.
- Blow a trumpet in Zion.
- Sound an alarm on God's holy mountain.
- Sanctify the congregation.
- Prepare for war.
- Seek good.
- Avoid evil.
- Hate evil.
- Love the good.
- Establish judgment in the gate.
- Love mercy.
- Walk humbly with God.
- Don't talk to your wife.
- Drink and uncover your foreskin.
- Consider your ways.
- Build a house on the mountain for God to take pleasure in.
- Don't be like your fathers.
- Be silent.
- Love the truth.
- Love peace.
- Ask God for rain in the time of the latter rain.
- Feed the flock of the slaughter.
- Let the dying die.
- Let those who are to be cut off, be cut off.
- Let the survivors eat each other's flesh.
- Don't fight against Jerusalem.
- Don't marry the daughter of a strange god.
- Seek a godly seed.
- Take heed to your spirit.
- Be kind to your wife.
- Don't weary the Lord with your words.
- Don't say, "Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord."
- Don't say, "Where is the God of judgment?
- Don't rob God.
- Bring the tithes into the storehouse.
- Follow Jesus.
- Be meek.
- Let everyone see your good works.
- Don't think Jesus came to destroy the commandments in the Hebrew scriptures.
- Don't call your brother "Raca".
- Don't call anyone a fool.
- Don't be angry with your brother without cause.
- Make up with your brother before leaving a gift at the altar.
- Agree with your adversary quickly, before you are thrown into prison.
- Don't look at a woman with lust.
- If your right eye offends you, pluck it out.
- If your right hand offends you, cut it off.
- Lend to anyone who asks to borrow from you.
- Don't divorce your wife (unless she has fornicated).
- Don't marry a divorced woman.
- Don't swear.
- Say only "Yes" or "No."
- Don't resist evil.
- Turn the other cheek.
- If you are sued, give more than you are ask for.
- If someone forces you to do something, do twice as much as you were forced to do.
- Give to anyone who asks your for anything.
- Love your enemies.
- Bless those who curse you.
- Do good to those who hate you.
- Pray for those who persecute you.
- Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
- Don't pray in public.
- Pray alone and in secret.
- Don't repeat prayers.
- Pray like this:
- Forgive others.
- Don't look sad and disfigure your face while fasting.
- When you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face.
- Store your treasures in heaven, not on earth.
- Don't think about your own life.
- Pay no attention to what you eat or drink.
- Give no thought to what clothes you wear.
- Seek first the kingdom of God.
- Don't think about tomorrow.
- Don't judge.
- Don't be a hypocrite.
- Don't give holy things to dogs.
- Don't cast your pearls before swine.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Enter through the narrow gate.
- Beware of false prophets.
- Let the dead bury the dead.
- Pray that the Lord of the harvest will send laborers into his harvest.
- Be as wise as a serpent.
- Be as harmless as a dove.
- Don't be afraid of people who can kill you.
- Fear the one who can send you to hell after he kills you.
- Don't love your family more than Jesus.
- Take up your cross.
- Don't find your life.
- Lose your life.
- Receive whomever Jesus sends.
- Give a cup of cold water to a a little one in the name of a disciple.
- Come to Jesus.
- Take up Jesus's yoke.
- Learn of Jesus.
- Don't blaspheme against the Holy Ghost.
- Do the will of Jesus's father.
- Don't do iniquity.
- When the end of the world comes, don't offend the son of man's angels.
- Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
- Deny yourself.
- Don't try to save your life.
- Be converted like a little child.
- Don't offend a little one that believes in Jesus.
- Don't offend.
- Don't despise one of the little ones.
- If your brother trespasses against you, go and tell him to his face.
- If he won't listen to you, take one or two others with you.
- If he won't listen to the two (or three) of you, tell the church.
- If he won't listen to the church, treat him as a heathen and a publican.
- Forgive your brother 49 times.
- Don't divorce your wife (even if she has fornicated).
- Let little children come to Jesus.
- Don't murder.
- Don't be rich.
- Wear a wedding garment.
- Pay your taxes.
- Keep state and church separate.
- Do whatever the scribes and Pharisees tell you to do.
- Don't do what the scribes and Pharisees do.
- Don't bind heavy burdens on men's shoulders.
- Don't wear long robes with enlarged borders.
- Don't take the best seats.
- Don't love being greeted in the marketplace.
- Don't let anyone call you "Rabbi."
- Don't call anyone "Father."
- Don't let anyone call you "Master."
- Don't be deceived by false Christs.
- Don't worry about wars and rumors of wars.
- If anyone says to you, "Lo, here is Christ" or "Lo, there he is", don't believe it.
- Learn a fig tree parable.
- Be ready for the coming of the Son of man.
- Feed the hungry.
- Give water to thirsty people.
- Take in strangers.
- Clothe the naked.
- Visit the sick.
- Visit prisoners.
- Eat Jesus's flesh and drink his blood.
- Don't take the sword.
- Teach everyone to obey all of Jesus's commandments.
- Baptize everyone in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Believe the gospel.
- Listen carefully.
- If someone takes away your property, don't ask for it back.
- Don't be ashamed of Jesus.
- Receive a child in Jesus's name.
- Don't stop non-Christians from casting out devils in Jesus's name.
- Give a cup of water in Jesus's name to a Christian.
- Beware of the scribes.
- Don't devour widows' houses.
- Don't say long prayers (just to show off).
- When the end of the world is about to happen and you have to testify, don't worry about what to say.
- Preach the gospel to every creature.
- Believe in Jesus.
- Don't laugh.
- Don't let anyone say nice things about you.
- Hear the word of God and do it.
- Preach the kingdom of God.
- Listen to Jesus's disciples.
- Don't despise Jesus's disciples.
- Go and do likewise. (Follow the example the Good Samaritan.)
- Beware of covetousness.
- Hate your family and yourself.
- Remember Jesus when you eat his body and blood.
- If you have a purse or a scrip (traveling bag), take it.
- If you don't have a sword, sell your garment and buy one.
- Be born again.
- Hear Jesus's word and believe on the one who sent him.
- Be baptized in the name of Jesus.
- Obey God rather than men.
- Kill and eat animals.
- Don't call anyone common or unclean.
- Preach to the people.
- Testify that Jesus is ordained to judge the quick and the dead.
- Don't fornicate.
- Don't eat strangled things.
- Offer your body as a sacrifice to God.
- Don't conform to the world.
- Be transformed by renewing your mind.
- Don't think too much of yourself.
- Cleave to that which is good.
- Be fervent in spirit.
- Be patient in tribulation.
- Be hospitable
- Don't be slothful.
- Give money to saints.
- Rejoice with those who are rejoicing.
- Weep with those who are weeping.
- Agree with everyone about everything.
- Hang out with the little people.
- Be honest in your dealings with others.
- Try to live peaceably with everyone.
- Overcome evil with good.
- Submit to the authority of the government.
- Walk honestly.
- Don't participate in riots.
- Don't walk in drunkenness.
- Don't walk in chambering and wantonness.
- Don't envy.
- Put on Jesus.
- Don't try to satisfy your lusts.
- Receive people with weak faith.
- Don't associate with arguing doubters.
- Don't judge those with different dietary preferences.
- Be fully persuaded in your own mind.
- Don't cause anyone to stumble.
- Don't destroy a vegetarian by serving meat.
- Edify one another.
- If you are strong, bear the iniquities of the weak.
- Please your neighbor.
- Receive one another.
- Mark and avoid those that disagree with Paul.
- If you think you are wise, become a fool so that you will be wise.
1 Corinthians 3:18
- Don't glory in men.
1 Corinthians 3:21
- Don't judge anyone or anything until the Lord comes.
1 Corinthians 4:5
- Follow Paul.
1 Corinthians 4:16
- Purge out the old leaven and become a new lump.
1 Corinthians 5:7
- Don't eat or associate with the wicked children of disobedience.
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
- Don't let unbelievers settle disputes between believers.
1 Corinthians 6:1-7
- If you can't control yourself, get married.
1 Corinthians 7:1-2
- To avoid fornication and Satan's temptation, have sex whenever your spouse requires it.
1 Corinthians 7:2-5
- A married believer should stay with an unbelieiving spouse, unless the unbelieving spouse decides to leave.
1 Corinthians 7:7
- If you're not married, don't get married.
1 Corinthians 7:12-15
- If you are circumcised, don't become uncircumcised.
1 Corinthians 7:18a
- If you are uncircumcised, don't get circumcised.
1 Corinthians 7:18b
- If you are a slave, don't worry about it.
1 Corinthians 7:21a
- If you are set free, that's OK too.
1 Corinthians 7:21b
- Don't be a slave to humans.
1 Corinthians 7:23
- If you are married, don't have sex.
1 Corinthians 7:29
- Pay preachers to preach to you.
1 Corinthians 9:14
- Don't lust after evil things.
1 Corinthians 10:6
- Don't be idolaters.
1 Corinthians 10:7
- Don't tempt Jesus.
1 Corinthians 10:9
- Don't murmur.
1 Corinthians 10:10
- Seek the wealth and welfare of other people, not yourself.
1 Corinthians 10:24
- Eat whatever is sold at the store.
1 Corinthians 10:25
- If you are invited to dinner at an unbeliever's house, eat whatever is set before you.
1 Corinthians 10:27
- Don't eat meats offered to idols.
1 Corinthians 10:28
- Eat and drink for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
- Don't offend Jews, Gentiles, or the church.
1 Corinthians 10:32
- Women must cover their heads while praying or prophesying.
1 Corinthians 11:5
- If a woman refuses to cover her head while praying or prophesying, shave her head.
1 Corinthians 11:5-6
- Men shouldn't cover their heads.
1 Corinthians 11:7
- Women should have power on their heads.
1 Corinthians 11:9-10
- Men shouldn't have long hair.
1 Corinthians 11:14
- Don't eat the bread and cup of the Lord unworthily.
1 Corinthians 11:27-28
- Covet the best gifts.
1 Corinthians 12:31
- Speak in tongues.
1 Corinthians 14:5
- When you speak in an unknown tongue, pray that someone will interpret it.
1 Corinthians 14:13
- Don't be children in understanding.
1 Corinthians 14:20a
- Be children in malice.
1 Corinthians 14:20b
- Be adults in understanding.
1 Corinthians 14:20c
- No more than two or three people should speak in tongues, with someone to interpret it.
1 Corinthians 14:27
- Don't speak in tongues unless an interpreter is present.
1 Corinthians 14:28
- At every church service, two or three prophets should speak and everyone else should judge what they say.
1 Corinthians 14:29
- If something is revealed to you while you're sitting, wait for the other prophets have finished their prophecies.
1 Corinthians 14:30-31
- Women are not allowed to speak in church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
- If a woman wants to learn something, she should ask her husband at home.
1 Corinthians 14:35
- If you think you are a prophet or spiritual, you must first acknowledge that everything that Paul says is a commandment from God.
1 Corinthians 14:37
- If any man is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
1 Corinthians 14:38
- Covet to prophesy.
1 Corinthians 14:39a
- Don't forbid people to speak in tongues.
1 Corinthians 14:39b
- Do everything decently and in order.
1 Corinthians 14:40
- Be steadfast, unmovable.
1 Corinthians 15:58a
- Work hard for Jesus.
1 Corinthians 15:58b
- Keep the faith.
1 Corinthians 16:13a
- Be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13b
- Do everything with charity.
1 Corinthians 16:14
- Greet one another with a holy kiss.
1 Corinthians 16:20
- Curse those who don't love Jesus.
1 Corinthians 16:22
- Shun unbelievers.
2 Corinthians 6:14-17
- Cleanse yourself of all filthiness of flesh and spirit.
2 Corinthians 7:1
- Be a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7
- Force all of your thoughts to obey Jesus.
2 Corinthians 10:5
- If your're going to glory, glory in Jesus.
2 Corinthians 10:17
- Don't let anyone think that Paul is a fool.
2 Corinthians 11:16
- Examine yourself to see if Jesus Christ is in you.
2 Corinthians 13:5
- Be of good comfort.
2 Corinthians 13:11
- Curse anyone who preaches any other gospel but the gospel of Paul.
- Serve each other in love.
- Don't use your liberty to satisfy the flesh.
- Be free with Jesus.
- If you bite and devour one another, make sure you don't get eaten yourself.
- Walk in the Spirit.
- Be led by the Spirit.
- Don't desire vainglory.
- Don't provoke one another.
- Restore those who make a mistake in the spirit of meekness.
- Bear one another's burdens.
- Prove your own work.
- Bear your own burden.
- Share good things with your teacher.
- Don't get tired of doing good things.
- Do good to everyone.
- Don't be tossed like a child by every wind of doctrine.
- Put off the old lustful man and put on the new righteous man.
- Be angry.
- Don't let the sun go down on your wrath.
- Don't give place to the devil.
- Stop stealing.
- Work with your hands.
- Don't say anything corrupt.
- Say good things instead.
- Don't make God's Holy Spirit sad.
- Don't be bitter.
- Don't be clamorous and evil speaking.
- Have malice toward none.
- Be kind to one another.
- Follow God.
- Walk in love.
- Be clean.
- Don't joke.
- Don't talk foolishly.
- Give thanks.
- Walk as children of light.
- Prove what is acceptable to the Lord.
- Don't have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.
- Reprove the unfruitful works of darkness.
- Don't talk about the secret things done by the unfruitful works of darkness.
- Wake up.
- Arise from the dead.
- Walk circumspectly.
- Redeem the time.
- Don't get drunk with wine.
- Be filled with the Spirit.
- Talk to yourself using psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.
- Submit yourselves to one another.
- Wives, obey your husbands.
- Husbands, love your wives.
- Have conversations that are worthy of the gospel of Christ.
- Don't be terrified by your enemies.
- Value others more than yourself.
- Have the same mind as Jesus.
- Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
- Beware of dogs.
- Beware of evil workers.
- Beware of circumcision.
- Follow those who follow Paul.
- Stand fast in the Lord.
- Let everyone know how moderate you are.
- Don't worry.
- Make requests to God.
- Think about things that are true, just, good, and beautiful.
- Do whatever Paul did.
- Salute every saint in Christ Jesus.
- Don't let anyone spoil you with philosophy.
- Don't obey the laws and commandments of men.
- Don't let anyone tell you how to celebrate holy days.
- Don't let anyone tell you how to celebrate the new moon.
- Don't let anyone tell you what to do on the Sabbath.
- Don't think you'll be rewarded for voluntary humility.
- Don't worship angels.
- Don't believe in things you haven't seen.
- Seek things that are above, not on things on the earth.
- Mortify your members.
- Don't have evil concupiscence.
- Don't be inordinately affectionate.
- Don't be unclean.
- Don't blaspheme.
- Don't let any filthy communication come out of your mouth.
- Be long-suffering.
- Forbear one another.
- Let the peace of God rule your heart.
- Let the word of Jesus dwell in you.
- Teach one another.
- Do everything in the name of Jesus.
- Children, obey your parents.
- Fathers, don't make your children angry.
- Slaves, obey your masters.
- Whatever you do, do it heartily.
- Masters, give your slaves what is just and equal.
- Walk in wisdom toward nonbelievers.
- Know how to answer everyone.
- Read the epistle from Laodicea.
- Know how to possess your vessel in sanctification and honor.
1 Thessalonians 4:2-5
- Don't despise anyone.
1 Thessalonians 4:8
- Be quiet.
1 Thessalonians 4:11a
- Mind your own business.
1 Thessalonians 4:11b
- Comfort one another with the the words in First Thessalonians 4:15-17.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
- Don't sleep.
1 Thessalonians 5:6
- Be sober.
1 Thessalonians 5:6-8
- Comfort one another.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Know, esteem, and love your religious leaders.
1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
- Warn the unruly.
1 Thessalonians 5:14a
- Comfort the feeble-minded.
1 Thessalonians 5:14b
- Support the weak.
1 Thessalonians 5:14c
- Be patient with everybody.
1 Thessalonians 5:14d
- Follow that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:15
- Pray all the time.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Don't quench the Spirit.
1 Thessalonians 5:19
- Prove all things.
1 Thessalonians 5:21a
- Hold fast to that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21b
- Don't do anything that appears to be evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:22
- Read First Thessalonians to all the holy people.
1 Thessalonians 5:27
- Don't despise prophesyings.
1 Thessalonians 5:20
- Don't be deceived by people who say the end of the world will come before there's a falling away and the man of sin is revealed.
2 Thessalonians 2:3
- Believe whatever the author of Second Thessalonians tells you to believe.
2 Thessalonians 2:15
- Stay away from people who walk disorderly.
2 Thessalonians 3:6a
- Stay from people who do not accept the tradition taught by the author of Second Thessalonians.
2 Thessalonians 3:6b
- Follow the author of Second Thessalonians.
2 Thessalonians 3:7
- Let people who will not work starve to death.
2 Thessalonians 3:10
- Work quietly and eat your own bread.
2 Thessalonians 3:12
- Shun those who disobey the commandments in Second Thessalonians.
2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
- Don't believe fables.
1 Timothy 1:4a
- Don't believe in endless genealogies.
1 Timothy 1:4b
- Pray for everybody.
1 Timothy 2:1
- Pray everywhere.
1 Timothy 2:8
- Women should dress modestly.
1 Timothy 2:8-9a
- Women should not braid their hair.
1 Timothy 2:8-9b
- Women should not wear expensive jewelry.
1 Timothy 2:8-9c
- Women should do good works.
1 Timothy 2:10
- Women should be silent.
1 Timothy 2:11-12
- Women may not teach.
1 Timothy 2:12a
- Or have authority over men.
1 Timothy 2:12b
- Bishops and deacons must be perfect and have only one wife.
1 Timothy 3:2-7
- Exercise to become godly.
1 Timothy 4:7-8
- Obey all of the commandments in First Timothy.
1 Timothy 4:11
- Honor widows that are widows indeed.
1 Timothy 5:3-10
- Refuse young widows.
1 Timothy 5:11-15
- If you have any widows, take care of them yourself. The church will only deal with widows indeed.
1 Timothy 5:16
- Give elders that rule well double honor.
1 Timothy 5:17-18
- An elder can't be accused of any wrongdoing unless there are two or three witnesses.
1 Timothy 5:19
- Don't lay your hands suddenly on anyone.
1 Timothy 5:22a
- Keep yourself pure.
1 Timothy 5:22b
- Don't drink water anymore. Drink wine instead.
1 Timothy 5:23
- Slaves, honor your masters.
1 Timothy 6:1
- If your master is a believer, serve him.
1 Timothy 6:2
- Shun those who teach anything that disagrees with the commandments in First Timothy.
1 Timothy 6:3-5
- If you have food and clothes, be content.
1 Timothy 6:8
- Follow after godliness.
1 Timothy 6:11
- Fight the good fight of faith.
1 Timothy 6:12a
- Hold on to eternal life.
1 Timothy 6:12b
- Tell the rich not to put their trust in their riches.
1 Timothy 6:17
- Rich people should do good by distributing their wealth among others.
1 Timothy 6:18
- Avoid profane and vain babblings.
1 Timothy 6:20a
- Avoid the opposition of science (falsely so called).
1 Timothy 6:20b
- Don't be ashamed of the testimony of the Lord.
2 Timothy 1:8a
- Don't be ashamed of the author of Second Timothy.
2 Timothy 1:8b
- Partake in the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God.
2 Timothy 1:8c
- Hold fast to the words of the author of Second Timothy.
2 Timothy 1:13
- Keep the good thing that the Holy Ghost gave you.
2 Timothy 1:14
- Endure hardness.
2 Timothy 2:3
- Remember that Jesus of David's seed was raised from the dead.
2 Timothy 2:8
- Study to show that you are approved by God.
2 Timothy 2:15
- Follow peace.
2 Timothy 2:22
- Avoid foolish and unlearned questions.
2 Timothy 2:23
- Don't argue.
2 Timothy 2:24a
- Be gentle with everyone.
2 Timothy 2:24b
- Meekly instruct those that oppose themselves.
2 Timothy 2:25
- Preach the word.
2 Timothy 4:2a
- Be instant in season and out of season.
2 Timothy 4:2b
- Rebuke with all authority.
2 Timothy 4:2c
- Exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:2d
- Watch everything.
2 Timothy 4:5a
- Be an evangelist.
2 Timothy 4:5b
- Prove your ministry.
2 Timothy 4:5c
- Rebuke the Cretans.
- Old men should be sober, grave, temperate, faithful, charitable, and patient.
- Old women should be holy, not false accusers, not drink too much wine, and teach good things.
- Tell young men to be sober-minded.
- Speak about the things in Titus chapter 2.
- Don't let anyone despise you.
- Don't say bad things about anyone.
- Reject heretics.
- Beware of the evil heart of unbelief.
- Work to enter into that rest.
- Don't lose your confidence.
- Lift up your hands and knees.
- Make straight paths for your feet.
- Don't refuse Jesus.
- Don't forget to entertain strangers.
- Remember those who are not free.
- Remember those who suffer adversity.
- Don't include any covetousness in your conversation.
- Be content with what you have.
- Remember those who rule over you.
- Remember those who spoke the word of God to you.
- Don't get carried away with strange doctrines.
- Pray for the author of Hebrews.
- If you lack wisdom, ask God to give it to you.
- Don't say you were tempted by God.
- Don't make a mistake.
- Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
- Don't be filthy and naughty.
- Receive with meekness the planted word.
- Do the word, don't just hear it.
- Bridle your tongue.
- Visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction.
- Keep yourself unspotted from the world.
- Don't treat the rich better than the poor.
- Submit to God.
- Resist the devil.
- Get close to God.
- Wash your hands.
- Purify your heart.
- Be afflicted.
- If you are rich, weep and howl.
- Be patient. Jesus is coming soon.
- If you are afflicted, pray.
- If you are merry, sing psalms.
- If you're sick, ask the elders to pray for you.
- Confess your faults to one another.
- Pray for one another.
- Convert anyone who believes incorrectly.
- Gird up the loins of your mind.
1 Peter 1:13a
- Hope for the grace that Jesus will bring when he returns.
1 Peter 1:13b
- Don't fashion yourself according to your ignorant former lusts.
1 Peter 1:14
- Be holy in all of your conversations.
1 Peter 1:15
- Desire the sincere milk of the word.
1 Peter 2:2
- Honor every human being.
1 Peter 2:17a
- Love the brotherhood.
1 Peter 2:17b
- Honor the king.
1 Peter 2:17c
- Husbands, honor your wife.
1 Peter 3:7
- Have compassion on one another.
1 Peter 3:8a
- Be pitiful.
1 Peter 3:8b
- Be courteous.
1 Peter 3:8c
- Seek peace and persue it.
1 Peter 3:11b
- Be ready to explain your beliefs to anyone who asks.
1 Peter 3:15
- Don't be a busybody.
1 Peter 4:15
- Elders, feed the flock of God.
1 Peter 5:2-3
- Young people, submit to your elders.
1 Peter 5:5a
- Everyone should be subject to everyone else.
1 Peter 5:5b
- Watch out for the devil.
1 Peter 5:8
- Greet each other with a kiss of charity.
1 Peter 5:14
- Make sure your calling and election is sure.
2 Peter 1:10
- Don't love the world.
1 John 2:18
- Abide in Jesus.
1 John 2:28
- When you see a poor person, don't shut up your bowels of compassion.
1 John 3:17
- Believe on the name of God's son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 3:23
- Don't believe every spirit.
1 John 4:1a
- Test spirits to see if they are from God.
1 John 4:1b
- Keep away from idols.
1 John 5:21
- Don't follow evil.
3 John 11
- Defend the faith.
- Remember the words of the apostles who said there would be mockers in the last days.
- Save others by pulling them out of the fire, while hating their garments that are spotted by the flesh.
- Hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
- Don't add any words to the book of Revelation.
- Don't remove any words from the book of Revelation.