- You are a sinful nation, the seed of evildoers. 1:4
- If God hadn't left a few faithful people in Judah, he'd have destroyed it like it was Sodom and Gomorrah. 1:9
- If you obey God, you'll have something to eat. But if you refuse and rebel against him, you'll be killed with a sword.
- "They shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the
earth, for fear of the LORD ... when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth." 2:19, 21
- God will take away bread and water from Jerusalem and Judah. He'll make children their rulers.
And they'll be oppressed by their neighbors. 3:1-5
- Jerusalem is ruined and Judah has fallen, because of what their people said and did against God. 3:8
- They declare their sin as Sodom did, they don't hide it. Woe to them. They deserve the evil they will receive. 3:9
- God will "smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion" and "will discover their secret parts" since he
doesn't like the way they dress and walk. 3:16-17
- "Thy men shall fall by the sword." 3:24-25
- God will kill those who despise his word and fail to follow his laws. Their
carcasses will be "torn in the midst of the streets." 5:24-25
- God will prevent people from hearing and understanding "lest they ... convert and be healed."
- If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 8:9
- God will have no mercy on the widows and children of hypocrites. 9:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- Some day God will have his "mighty ones ... destroy the whole land." 13:3-5
- On God's day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. Those who die will have their faces consumed by flames.
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes, and rape your wife.
He will have no mercy, but will even kill your little children. 13:15-18
- God will slaughter children "for the iniquity of their fathers." 14:21
- After God destroys Moab, the rivers will be red with blood. He will send lions to
eat any survivors. 15:9
- The God of Peace will set brother against brother and kingdom against kingdom. Then he'll make the survivors seed the
counsel of "wizards," and subject them to a "cruel lord." 19:2-4
- God sends a "perverse spirit" among the Egyptians and causes them to err "as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit."
- The Apocalypse of Isaiah: God will destroy the earth, burning everyone and every living thing
alive (except maybe a few men). 24:1-6
- God will have no mercy on those who don't understand him. 27:11
- "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not
of me." 30:1
- God will put "a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err." 30:28
- "Through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down." 30:31
- "The Lord ... will bring evil." 31:1-2
- "And the people shall ... be burned in the fire." 33:12
- God is furious at everyone and is ready to kill them all. Or as Isaiah so delicately puts it: "Their stink shall come up
out of their carcasses, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood." 34:2-3
- I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and
shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land."
God will cause Sennacherib to be killed by the sword. (See verse 38 where Sennacherib is
killed by his own sons while praying.) 37:7
- "Sennacherib ... departed, and ... as he was worshipping in the
house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword."
God made the sons murder their father. (See verse 7.) 37:37-38
- Whoever fights with you (God's favorite people) will die. 41:11
- God makes Egypt, Ethiopia, and Seba pay for Israel's sins. He says that
he likes Israel better than any other country so he's willing to sacrifice other countries for the
Israel's sake. 43:3-4
- God is the creator of evil. 45:7
- No astrologer, stargazer, or prognosticator will be able to save those that God plans to burn to death.
- "The Lord ... will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans." 48:14
- "I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with
their own blood, as with sweet wine." 49:26
- "I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for
God brags about the strangest things. 50:2
- "The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a
garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner." (God plans to destroy the universe.)
- Nations that do not serve Israel will perish. 60:12
- "I will ... trample them in my fury; and their blood ... will stain all my raiment." (God's clothes
will get stained with the blood of humans.) 63:2-6
- "O Lord, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy
fear?" Good question. 63:17
- Every noble human act, every act of love, courage, and kindness is "an unclean thing", "a filthy
rag" to God. 64:6
- "Ye are they that forsake the LORD ... Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter."
- Don't eat "swine flesh" (like ham or bacon) or other "abominable things"
or God will have to kill you. 65:4, 66:17
- "God's servants" will eat, drink, and be merry; everyone else will be hungry, thirsty,
and ashamed -- until God kills them, that is. 65:13-15
- God will "plead with all flesh" with fire and sword, "and the slain of the Lord shall be many."
- "They shall ... look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall t
heir fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." 66:24