- If God hadn't left a few faithful people in Judah, he'd have destroyed it like it was Sodom and Gomorrah. 1:9
- If you obey God, you'll have something to eat. But if you refuse and rebel against him, you'll be killed with a sword.
- "I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies." 1:24
- God will destoy the sinners and those who forsake me. 1:28
- God will take away bread and water from Jerusalem and Judah. 3:1
- "Thy men shall fall by the sword." 3:24-25
- God will kill those who despise his word and fail to follow his laws. Their
carcasses will be "torn in the midst of the streets." 5:24-25
- If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 8:9
- God will have no mercy on the widows and children of hypocrites. 9:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked." God must
have some pretty bad breath! 11:4
- Some day God will have his "mighty ones ... destroy the whole land." 13:3-5
- On God's day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. Those who die will have their faces consumed by flames.
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes, and rape your wife.
He will have no mercy, but will even kill your little children. 13:15-18
- God will slaughter children "for the iniquity of their fathers." 14:21
- After God destroys Moab, the rivers will be red with blood. He will send lions to
eat any survivors. 15:9
- The God of Peace will set brother against brother and kingdom against kingdom. Then he'll make the survivors seed the
counsel of "wizards," and subject them to a "cruel lord." 19:2-4
- The Apocalypse of Isaiah: God will destroy the earth, burning everyone and every living thing
alive (except maybe a few men). 24:1-6
- "And the people shall ... be burned in the fire." 33:12
- "Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell
with everlasting burnings?" 33:14
- God is furious at everyone and is ready to kill them all. Or as Isaiah so delicately puts it: "Their stink shall come up
out of their carcasses, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood." 34:2-3
- "My sword shall be bathed in heaven ... it shall come down ... upon the people of my curse." 34:5
- "The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness ... and a great slaughter." 34:6
- "Their land shall be soaked with blood." 34:7
- "For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance." 34:8
- "The streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof
into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch." 34:9
- "It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from
generation to generation it shall lie waste ... for ever and ever." 34:10
- I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and
shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land."
God will cause Sennacherib to be killed by the sword. (See verse 38 where Sennacherib is
killed by his own sons while praying.) 37:7
- "Sennacherib ... departed, and ... as he was worshipping in the
house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword."
God made the sons murder their father. (See verse 7.) 37:37-38
- An angel of God kills 185,000 men. "And when they [those killed by the angel?] arose early in the morning, behold,
they were all dead men." 37:36
- God will "go forth as a mighty man" who cries and roars, and "will cry like a travailing woman." After he tires of
roaring and crying he'll "destroy and devour." What a guy. 42:13
- God makes Egypt, Ethiopia, and Seba pay for Israel's sins. He says that
he likes Israel better than any other country so he's willing to sacrifice other countries for the
Israel's sake. 43:3-4
- No astrologer, stargazer, or prognosticator will be able to save those that God plans to burn to death.
- "The Lord ... will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans." 48:14
- "I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with
their own blood, as with sweet wine." 49:26
- "I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for
God brags about the strangest things. 50:2
- "The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a
garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner." (God plans to destroy the universe.)
- "I will ... trample them in my fury; and their blood ... will stain all my raiment." (God's clothes
will get stained with the blood of humans.) 63:2-6
- "God's servants" will eat, drink, and be merry; everyone else will be hungry, thirsty,
and ashamed -- until God kills them, that is. 65:13-15
- "Ye are they that forsake the LORD ... Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter."
- God will "plead with all flesh" with fire and sword, "and the slain of the Lord shall be many."
- Don't worship incorrectly or eat swine flesh (like ham or bacon) or God will have to kill you. 66:17
- "They shall ... look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall t
heir fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." 66:24