- Genesis 9:21-25
- And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father ....
And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done
unto him. And he said, Cursed be Canaan [Ham's son]; a servant of
servants shall he be unto his brethren.
- Genesis 20:18
- The LORD had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah Abraham's wife.
- Exodus 20:5 , Deuteronomy 5:9
- I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the
fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
- Exodus 34:7
- Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the
children's children unto the third and to the fourth generation.
- Numbers 14:18
- Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the
third and fourth generation.
- Deuteronomy 23:2
- A bastard shall not
enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation
shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
- Deuteronomy 28:18
- Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body.
- 1 Samuel 3:12-13
- I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house ... I will judge
his house for ever ... because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
- 2 Samuel 12:14
- The child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
- 2 Samuel 21:6-9
- Let seven men of his sons be delivered unto us, and we will hang
them up unto the LORD .... And he delivered them into the hands of the
Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD.
- 1 Kings 2:33
- Their blood shall therefore return upon the head of Joab, and
upon the head of his seed for ever.
- 1 Kings 11:11-12
- Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of
thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have
commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give
it to thy servant. Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for
David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.
- 1 Kings 21:29
- Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because
he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days:
but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house.
- 2 Kings 5:27
- The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy
seed for ever.
- Isaiah 14:21
- Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their
- Jeremiah 16:10-11
- Wherefore hath the Lord pronounced all this great evil against
us? ... Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the Lord.
- Jeremiah 29:32
- Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the
Nehelamite, and his seed.
- Jeremiah 32:18
- Thou ... recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom
of their children after them.
- Zephaniah 1:8
- I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed
with strange apparel.
- Deuteronomy 24:16
- The fathers shall not be put to death for the children,
neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man
shall be put to death for his own sin.
- 2 Kings 14:6
- But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which
is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded,
saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the
children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to
death for his own sin.
- Jeremiah 31:29-30
- In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour
grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall
die for his own iniquity.
- The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear
the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity
of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and
the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.