1 Samuel: Sex
- "And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her." (He probably said something
like, "Oh yeah, she's the one whose womb I shut up.") And Hannah conceived and "bare a son [Oh boy,
another boy!], and called his name Samuel." 1:19-20
- "And the Lord visited Hannah [again], so that she conceived." Did he get her pregnant in the usual way?
- The sons of Eli had sex with women "at the door of the tabernacle." 2:22
- David kills 200 Philistines and brings their foreskins to Saul to buy his first wife (Saul's daughter Michal).
Saul had only asked for 100 foreskins, but David was feeling generous. 18:25-27
- The priest tells David that he and his men can eat the "hallowed" bread if "they have kept themselves at least
from women." David assures the priest that they have and that "the vessels of the young men are holy." So it'd be OK
for them to eat the holy bread. 21:4-5