- Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy .5:16,
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Proverbs 1:8
- My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother.
- Proverbs 23:22
- Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when
she is old.
- Malachi 4:6
- And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of
the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
- Matthew 12:47-48
- Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren
stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said
unto him that told him, Who is my mother?
- Matthew 23:9
- Call no man your father upon the earth.
- Mark 3:32-33
- And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him,
Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And he
answered them, saying, Who is my mother?
- Luke 9:59-60
- And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer
me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead
bury their dead.
- Luke 14:26
- If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother,
and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own
life also, he cannot be my disciple.