- Jesus explains why he speaks in parables: to confuse people so they will go to hell.
- Jesus sends devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. When the people
hear about it, they beg Jesus to leave. 5:12-13
- Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of
Sodom and Gomorrah. 6:11
- Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament
law. (See Ex 21:15, Lev 20:9, Dt 21:18-21) 7:9-10
- Jesus tells us to cut off our hands and feet, and pluck out our eyes to avoid going to hell.
- God is like a rich man who owns a
vineyard and rents it to poor farmers. When he sends servants to collect the rent, the tenants beat or kill them. So
he sent his son to collect the rent, and they kill him too. Then the owner comes and kills the farmers and gives the
vineyard to others. 12:1-9
- Jesus tells his disciples to eat his body and drink his blood. 14:22-24
- Jesus says that those that believe and are baptized will be saved, while those who don't
will be damned. 16:16