- Zechariah asks the angel Gabriel how his wife Elizabeth could become pregnant, since she is "stricken with years."
Gabriel makes him "dumb" just for asking. 1:20
- Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 3:9
- John the Baptist says that Christ will burn the damned "with fire unquenchable." 3:17
- Jesus heals a naked man who was possessed by many devils by sending the devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off
a cliff and drown in the sea. This messy, cruel, and expensive (for the owners of the pigs) treatment did not favorably
impress the local residents, and Jesus was asked to leave. 8:27-37
- Jesus says that entire cities will be violently destroyed and the inhabitants "thrust down to hell" for not
"receiving" his disciples. 10:10-15
- Jesus says that we should fear God since he has the power to kill us and then torture us forever in hell.
- Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes."
- "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." 13:3, 5
- According to Jesus, only a few will be saved; the vast majority will suffer eternally in hell where "there shall be
weeping and gnashing of teeth." 13:23-30
- In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man goes to hell, because as Abraham explains, he had a
good life on earth and so now he will be tormented. Whereas Lazarus, who was miserable on earth, is now in heaven.
This seems fair to Jesus. 16:19-31
- Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with
the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27
- Jesus also believes the story about Sodom's destruction. He says, "even thus shall it be in
the day the son of man is revealed ... Remember Lot's wife." This tells us about Jesus' knowledge of science and
history, and his sense of justice. 17:29-32
- In the parable of the talents, Jesus says that God takes what is not rightly his, and reaps what he didn't sow.
The parable ends with the words: "bring them [those who preferred not to be ruled by him] hither, and slay
them before me." 19:22-27
- Jesus tells his disciples to eat his body and drink his blood. 22:19-20