- God makes a bet with his son, Satan. God tells Satan to do nasty things to Job to see if he can get him to curse God to his face.
- God gives Satan power over all that Job possesses. 1:12
- To start off God and Satan's gruesome game, Job's slaves and animals are burned to death or killed with swords. Then Job's
children are killed in a windstorm while partying. 1:13-19
- God kills (or allows Satan to kill) Job's children, but Job doesn't "foolishly" blame
God. Since God was responsible, why would it be foolish to blame God? 1:20-22
- God and Satan play a little game with Job. God allows Satan to torment Job, just to see how he will react.
- "So went Satan forth from
the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his
- "What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" 2:10
- Because of God's cruel wager with Satan, Job curses the day he was born.
- "The arrows of the Almighty are within me ... the terrors of God do set themselves in array against me." 6:4
- "Thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions" 7:14
- Does God pervert Justice? Well, if you believe the Bible he sure as hell does! 8:3
- God multiplies wounds without cause, destroys the perfect along with the wicked, laughs at the trial of the innocent,
and hides the truth from judges. 9:17, 22-24
- "Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands?" 10:3
- Speaking of God, Job says: "He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his
- "All the evil that the LORD had brought upon him"
All of Job's troubles were brought on by God. 42:11
- After God and Satan get done tormenting Job, God gave Job even more stuff than he had before, including
children. God gave Job another set of 10 kids, with even prettier daughters! 42:13-15