- The animals are perplexed and cry out to God after he torments
them by burning their food and drying up the rivers. 1:18-20
- "A fire devoureth before them ... nothing shall escape."
On "the day of the Lord", everything and everyone will be burned to death. 2:3
- God says he will repay Israel for the damage the locusts caused -- which he sent! And they will "praise the name of the Lord."
- "I will sell your sons and your daughters ... for the Lord hath spoken it." 3:8
- "Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness." 3:19