Isaiah: Family Values
- God's people will be oppressed by children, and women will rule over them. 3:12
- In that day, seven women will take hold of one man, and say, "We'll provide for our own needs, if you'll just marry us
to take away our disgrace." 4:1
- God will have no mercy on the widows and children of hypocrites. 9:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes, and rape your wife.
He will have no mercy, but will even kill your little children. 13:15-18
- God will slaughter children "for the iniquity of their fathers." 14:21
- The God of Peace will set brother against brother and kingdom against kingdom. Then he'll make the survivors seed the
counsel of "wizards," and subject them to a "cruel lord." 19:2-4
- I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and
shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land."
God will cause Sennacherib to be killed by the sword. (See verse 38 where Sennacherib is
killed by his own sons while praying.) 37:7
- "Sennacherib ... departed, and ... as he was worshipping in the
house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword."
God made the sons murder their father. (See verse 7.) 37:37-38