I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
- Galatians 5:12
Galatians for Skeptics
There's a lot of cursing going on in Galatians. First Paul curses all those who disagree with him (1:8-9). Then he curses
the Jews (3:10). Not even Jesus escapes Paul's curse (3:13). But the part I like best is where
he wishes his opponents would castrate themselves (5:12). Fun stuff.
- Those who try to follow the law are cursed 3:10
- Jesus was cursed by God. 3:13
- "If ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." 5:2
- "I would they were even cut off which trouble you." (The New Revised Standard Version translates this verse as: "I wish those who unsettle you would castrate themselves!")
- Witches, idol worshippers, and heretics will not go to heaven. (Guess where they'll be
- "See how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand." 6:11
- "Many ... desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." 6:12-13