2 Chronicles: Interpretation
- Jehovah's Witnesses used to believe that God lives on the planet Alcyone in the Pleiades
cluster. The only biblical justification for this was this verse and
Job 38:31. 6:21
- "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and
pray ... then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
The Christian Right uses this verse to argue for a Christian Nation.
But it can also be interpreted to mean that Christians should pray, not vote.
- "Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book
of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies?" 12:15
- Is polygamy OK? 11:21, 13:21,
- When Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies."
Is this where the Jehovah's Witnesses get The WatchTower? 20:24