- What the
- Book of Mormon
- says about ...
Get the SAB on CD
Get the SAB on CD
What the Bible says about Torture
- Wise kings torture wicked people by driving wheels over them.
- A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them. Proverbs 20:26
- Sometimes you just need to beat people for their own good.
- The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
- Some people should be beaten as as a punishment for their crimes.
- And it shall be, if the wicked man be worthy to be beaten, that the judge shall cause him to lie
down, and to be beaten. Deuteronomy 25:2
- It's always a good idea to beat fools. Beat them whenever you find them.
- A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
- Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.
- A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
- And slaves may be beaten, as long they survive for at least a day or two after the beating.
- If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he
must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the
slave is his property. Exodus 21:20-21
- Beating your children is a sure sign of parental love.
- He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
- And don't stop just because they cry.
- Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
- Beating your children will make them less foolish.
- Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from
him. Proverbs 22:15
- The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
- So beat them hard and often. Don't worry about hurting them.
You may break a few bones and cause some brain damage, but it isn't going to kill them. And even if
it does, they'll be better off. They'll thank you in heaven for beating the hell out of them.
- Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
- At times, Jesus seemed to look favorably on torture.
- In his parables, for example, Jesus often spoke of torturing his enemies.
- And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors. Matthew 18:34
- And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was
speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him
into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 22:12-13
- The lord of that
servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that
he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint
him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour
when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with
the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according
to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. Luke 12:46-48
- The devils expected Jesus to torture them. (And Jesus didn't deny that he planned to do so.)
- And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art
thou come hither to torment us before the time? Matthew 8:29
- Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
- What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
- God uses a rod to beat those who disobey his commandments.
- If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression
with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.Psalm 89:31-2
- At the end of the world, God will torture people until they want to die. But he will not let them
die so that he can continue to torture them.
- And to them it was given
that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five
months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall
men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
- But the ultimate use of torture, a torture a greater than which can not be conceived, is hell.
- The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things
that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be
wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42
- If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to
enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
- Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
- ...hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is
not quenched. Mark 9:43-48
- And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:
the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth
Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me,
and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am
tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24
- The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into
the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the
holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
and ever. Revelation 14:10-11
- Dwindling in Unbelief
- The Bible's guide
Pete the Elder: Does the Bible Prohibit Torture?
Our HP0-J41 prep courses & 70-647 include the latest set of 1Y0-A19 practice questions and 000-978 dumps with 100% guarantee for victory in E22-275.