- God plans to kill every living thing. 1:2-3
- God will "cut off" all those who "have not sought the Lord" or who worship another god. 1:4-6
- God will punish the princes, the king's children, the merchant people, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel,
leap on the threshold, or bear silver. 1:8-11
- God doesn't have good night-vision, so he needs candles when he comes to rob people of their houses, goods, and wine.
- God will "bring distress upon men" so that they "walk like blind men." He will pour out their blood like dust and
"their flesh as dung." 1:17-18
- Hide from God and hope he doesn't find you. 2:1-3
- God's hit list: Gaza, Ashkelon, Ekron, the sea coast, Canaan, the Philistines, Moab, the children of Ammon, Ethiopians, Assyrians, and Nineveh.
- God destroyed entire cities, killing all the inhabitants. 3:6
- "All of the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy." 3:8