- Jezebel (whom God had thrown off a wall, trampled by horses, and eaten by dogs
(2 Kg 9:33-37) is further
reviled by John, saying "that woman Jezebel" taught and seduced God's "servants to commit fornication."
- Jesus will "cast her [Jezebel] into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her." 2:22
- Drinking the wine of fornication. 14:8
- The great whore has "committed fornication" with all the kings on earth.
Everyone else is "drunk with the wine of her fornication." She sits on a scarlet
colored beast with the usual 7 heads and 10 horns. She carries a cup full of the
"filthiness of her abominations" and has a big sign on her forehead saying:
"Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the
Earth." You'll know her when you see her. 17:1-5
- "All nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the
earth have committed fornication with her." 18:3
- God will send plagues, death, and famine on Babylon, and the kings "who have committed
fornication with her" will be sad to see her burn. 18:8-9
- The "great whore" corrupted the earth with her fornication. 19:2