Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
- False Jews are members of "the synagogue of Satan." 2:9
- Those in Thyatira that obey God/Jesus until the end will rule everyone else
with an iron rod. They'll even get to smash the others into pieces. He'll even throw in the morning star (the planet Venus?).
- God will make "the synagogue of Satan" [the Jews] "come and worship before thy feet." (Whose
feet? Well, the feet of Christians, of course!) 3:9
- The martyrs just can't wait until everyone else is slaughtered. God gives them a white robe
and tells them to wait until he's done with his killing spree. 6:10-11
- 144,000 Jews will be going to heaven; everyone else is going to hell.
- The angels are instructed not to "hurt the grass [how could they? He already had all the grass killed in 8:7] ...
but only those men which have not the seal of God on their foreheads." God tells his angels not to kill them, but rather
torment them with scorpions for five months. Those tormented will want to die, but God won't let them.
- Only 144,000 celibate men will be saved. (Those who were not "defiled with women.")
- Those who receive the mark of the beast will "drink of the wine of the wrath of God ... and shall be
tormented with fire and brimstone ... and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever."
- "There fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast." 16:2
- Christians will fight in the war between Jesus and those allied with the beast. 17:14
- Whoever isn't found listed in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. 20:15
- All liars, as well as those who are fearful or unbelieving, will be cast into "the lake which burneth with fire and
- "Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, whoremongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter
the heavenly city. 22:15