2 Peter: Absurdity
- The "angels that sinned" are the sons of God that had sex with human females to produce a
race of giants. (See Gen.6:4) 2:4
- Noah was the first drunken preacher of righteousness. (Gen.9:20).
- Lot, who in Gen 19:8 offers his two virgin daughters to a crowd of
angel rapers and later(19:30-38) impregnates them,
was a "righteous man." 2:8
- The author of 2 Peter believes the story in Numbers (22:28-30) about the talking ass.
- The author of 2 Peter is aware of the failed expectations of early believers. He knows that Jesus, who was to come soon, didn't come
at all. Many have begun to ask, "Where is the promise of his coming?" He tries to cover for Jesus by claiming that "one day
with the Lord is as a thousand years." 3:4
- Paul's epistles are hard to understand. And that those who try to understand them, as with the other
scriptures, do so "unto their own destruction." 3:16