-Book of Mormon
says about ...
What the Bible says about Children
- Children who refuse to obey their parents must be executed.
- If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice
of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father
and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his
place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn
and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so
shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
-- Deuteronomy 21:18-21
- He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
-- Exodus 21:15
- He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
-- Exodus 21:17
- Children who mock their parents will have their eyes plucked out by ravens and eaten by eagles.
- The eye that mocketh at his
father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall
pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it. -- Proverbs 30:17
- Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God.
- And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest,
and ... offer him there for a burnt offering.... And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the
knife to slay his son. -- Genesis 22:2,10
- God killed all the firstborn children in an entire country.
- The LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of
Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that
was in the dungeon.... And there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there
was not one dead. -- Exodus 12:29-30
- Sometimes God kills children for misbehaving.
- And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth
little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up,
thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and
looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came
forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
-- 2 Kings 2:23-24
- Someday God will force parents eat their own children.
- And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your
daughters shall ye eat. -- Leviticus 26:29
- And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and
of thy daughters. -- Deuteronomy 28:53
- And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the
flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the
flesh of his friend. -- Jeremiah 19:9
- And then there's this statement, which could only be found in the Bible:
- Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
-- Psalm 137:9
- What the Quran says about Children
- The Brick Testament
- God Tests Abraham
- The Tenth Plague
to Stone Your Children