What the Bible says about Burning People to Death
- Some crimes are so heinous that the guilty must be burned to death.
(Like when a man has
sex with his wife and mother-in-law, the daughter of a priest behaves like a whore, or someone touches
the accursed thing.)
- "If a man take a wife and
her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that
there be no wickedness among you." -- Leviticus 20:14
- "And the daughter of any
priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her
father: she shall be burnt with fire." -- Leviticus 21:9
- "Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child
by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt."
-- Genesis 38:24
- "He that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he
and all that he hath. ... And Joshua ... took Achan ... and his sons, and his
daughters ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire."
-- Joshua 7:15, 24-25
- Sometimes God burns people to death.
(Like when they complain too much, burn incense
without a license, dabble in astrology, or make God angry or jealous or something. And sometimes
God burns people to identify a prophet or to identify himself, and sometimes for no reason at all.)
- "And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein,
and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. -- Leviticus 10:1-2
- "And when the people
complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it and his anger was kindled; and
the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in
the uttermost parts of the camp." -- Numbers 11:1
- "And there came out
a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that
offered incense." -- Numbers 16:35
- "They have moved me to
jealousy with that which is not God ... For a fire is
kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall
consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the
mountains. ... They shall be burnt
with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I
will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of
the dust." -- Deuteronomy 32:21-24
- "Thou shalt make them as a
fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his
wrath, and the fire shall devour them." -- Psalm 21:9
- "Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save
thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the
fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame."
-- Isaiah 47:13-14
- "If I be a man of God, then
let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from
heaven, and consumed him and his fifty." -- 2 Kings 1:10, 12
- "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the
forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the
inhabitants of Jerusalem. And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one
fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
-- Ezekiel 15:6-7
- "Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein
are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men
left." -- Isaiah 24:6
- "And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall
they be burned in the fire." -- Isaiah 33:12
- "I will cause an alarm of war
to be heard in Rabbah of the Ammonites; and it shall be a desolate heap, and
her daughters shall be burned with fire." -- Jeremiah 49:2
- And God will burn most people forever in hell after they die.
- "If a man abide not in
me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and
cast them into the fire, and they are burned." -- John 15:6
- "The Lord Jesus ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ...
who shall be punished with everlasting destruction."
-- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
- "The same shall drink
of the wine of the wrath of God ...he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone ...
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever."
-- Revelation 14:10-11
- "The fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire
and brimstone." -- Revelation 21:8
- So remember to pray that God will burn your enemies to death.
- "Let burning coals
fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they
rise not up again." -- Psalm 140:10
- The Brick Testament
- The Fire of Yahweh
and the Prostitute