- "They had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren."
Oh God, another barren woman! It's always the woman's fault in the Bible. 1:7
- Even Mary had to be "purified" after giving birth to Jesus. Was she defiled by giving birth to the Son of God?
- Males are holy to God, not females. 2:23
- Peter, James, and John leave everything (including their families) to follow Jesus.
(See 4:38 for reference to Peter's wife.) 5:11
- Jesus, when told that his mother and brothers want to see him, ignores and insults them by
saying that his mother and brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it. 8:20-21
- Jesus insults his mother (the Most Holy Blessed Virgin Mary). 11:27-28
- Abandon your wife and family for Jesus and he'll give you a big reward. 18:29-30