- Exodus 16:29
- The LORD hath given you the sabbath. ... abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on
the seventh day.
- Exodus 20:8
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Exodus 31:13-15
- Six days my work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of
rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day,
he shall surely be put to death.
- Exodus 34:21
- Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.
- Exodus 35:2
- Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there
shall be to you a holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever
doeth work therein shall be put to death.
- Leviticus 19:3, 30
- Ye shall ... keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.
- Leviticus 23:3
- Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an
holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD.
- Numbers 15:32, 36
- And they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day
.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp and stoned
him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
- Deuteronomy 5:12
- Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath
- Isaiah 56:2
- Blessed is the man ... that keepeth the sabbath.
- Isaiah 1:13
- The new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies,
I cannot away with; it is iniquity.
- Matthew 12:2
- Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon
the sabbath day.
- John 5:16
- And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay
him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
- Romans 14:5
- One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every
day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
- Colossians 2:16
- Let no man therefore judge you in meat and drink, or in
respect of a holy day, or of the new moon; or of the sabbath