- Genesis 21:23-24
- Now, therefore, swear unto me here by God ... And
Abraham said, I will swear.
- Genesis 24:2-9
- And Abraham said unto his eldest servant ... Put, I pray thee,
thy hand under my thigh: and I will make thee swear by the Lord. (vv.2-3)
And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him
concerning that matter. (v.9)
- Genesis 31:53
- And Jacob sware by the fear of his father Isaac.
- Genesis 47:31
- And he said, Swear unto me. And he sware unto
- Leviticus 27:2, 10
- When a man shall make a singular vow .... He shall not alter it,
nor change it, a good for a bad, or a bad for a good,
- Numbers 30:2
- If a man vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind
his soul with a bond, he shall not break his word; he shall do
according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.
- Deuteronomy 6:13
- Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt
swear by his name.
- Deuteronomy 10:20
- Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him thou shalt serve, and to
him thou shalt cleave, and swear by his name.
- Deuteronomy 23:21
- When thou shalt vow a vow unto the Lord thy God, thou shalt
not slack to pay for it; for the Lord thy God will surely require it
of thee; and it would be sin in thee.
- Psalm 63:11
- Every one that sweareth by him shall glory.
- Isaiah 45:23
- I [God] have sworn by myself.
- Isaiah 48:1
- O house of Jacob ... which swear by the name of the
- Isaiah 65:16
- He that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of
- Jeremiah 4:2
- And thou shalt swear.
- Jeremiah 12:16
- And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear
by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built
in the midst of my people.
- Daniel 12:7
- I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the
river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and
sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and
when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all
these things shall be finished.
- Hebrews 6:13
- He [God] sware to himself.
- And the angel ... sware by him that liveth for ever and
- Matthew 5:34
- But I say unto you, swear not at all; neither by heaven
for it is God's throne; nor by the earth for it is his
- James 5:12
- But above all things, brethren, swear not,
neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath:
but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into