What the Bible Says About
BibViz Project - Bible Contradictions
-1001 Contradictions & Discrepancies
in the Christian Bibles
-Acharya S's Truth Be Known
-William Henry Burr: Self-Contradictions of the Bible
-Freedom From Religion Foundation
-Jim Merritt: Secular Web
-NonStampCollector: Quiz Show
-The Thinking Atheist
-Answers in Genesis
-Contradicting Bible Contradictions
-Skeptic's Annotated Bible Truth: A Response
297. Is it OK to call someone a fool?
It's OK to call someone a fool.
Yes, if they are atheists.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Psalm 14:1, 53:1
Or if they trust their own hearts.
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool. Proverbs 28:26
Jesus often called people fools. (So it must be OK.)
Ye fools and blind. Matthew 23:17, 19
And so did Paul.
Ye fools. Luke 11:40
O fools, and slow of heart to believe. Luke 24:25
Their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21-22
Thou fool. 1 Corinthians 15:36
O foolish Galatians. Galatians 3:1
It's not OK to call someone a fool.
You're in danger of going to hell if you do.
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22
- Christian Responses
- Apologetics Press
- Annotated Skeptic's Annotated Bible
- Answers in Genesis
- Words of Truth
- Grace to You
- See also:
- Is dancing a sin?
- Is magic OK?
- Is it wrong to steal?
- Is it wrong to lie?
- Is it OK to make images?
- Is it wrong to have sex outside of marriage?
- Is divorce ever permissible?
- Is it OK for a divorced woman to remarry?
- Is polygamy OK?
- Is it OK to covet?
- Should we hate other people?
- To kill or not to kill.
- To judge or not to judge.
- Is it OK for men to have long hair?
- How should nonbelievers be treated?
- How should homosexuals be treated?
- Should we let others see our good works?