- Genesis 4:4
- And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And
the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering.
- Genesis 8:20-21
- And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every
clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a sweet savour.
- Genesis 15:9-10
- And he [God] said unto him [Abraham], Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she
goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one
- Exodus 20:24
- An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy
burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all
places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
- Exodus 29:11-37
- And thou shalt kill the bullock before the LORD....
- Leviticus 1:5
- And he shall kill the bullock before the LORD....
(See all of Chapters 1 - 9)
- Leviticus 23:12-18
- And ye shall offer ... an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering
unto the LORD....
- Numbers 18:17-19
- Thou shalt sprinkle their
blood upon the altar, and shalt burn their fat for an offering made by
fire, for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
- Deuteronomy 12:27
- And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the
altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured
out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
- Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire.
- Psalm 50:13
- Will I eat of the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of
- Psalm 51:16
- For thou desirest not sacrifice ... thou delightest not in
- Isaiah 1:11
- I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he
- Isaiah 66:3
- He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man.
- Jeremiah 6:20
- Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices
sweet unto me.
- Micah 6:6-7
- Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of
- Matthew 9:13, 12:7
- I will have mercy, and not sacrifice.