- A servant girl, another girl, and then a crowd of people.
- Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou
also wast with Jesus of Galilee. But he denied before them all.... And when he was gone out into
the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also
with Jesus of Nazareth. And again he denied .... And after a while came unto him they that
stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth
thee. Matthew 26:69-73
- A servant girl, the same girl again, and then a crowd of people.
- And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids
of the high priest: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said,
And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth. But he denied..... And he went out into the porch;
and the cock crew. And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This
is one of them. And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to
Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
- A servant girl, a man, and then another man.
- Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's
house. And Peter followed afar off. ... But a certain maid
beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was
also with him. And he denied him.... And after a little
while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man,
I am not. And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed,
saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean. And Peter said,
Man, I know not what thou sayest. Luke 22:54-60
- A girl at the door, several anonymous persons, one of the high priest's servants.
- And Simon Peter followed Jesus ... and went in with
Jesus into the palace of the high priest. ... Then saith the damsel that kept the door unto Peter, Art not thou also one
of this man's disciples? He saith, I am not.... And Simon Peter stood and warmed himself.
They said therefore unto him, Art not thou also one
of his disciples? He denied it, and said, I am not. One of the servants of
the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee
in the garden with him? Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.
John 18:15-17, 25-27