111. Is it OK to covet?
Yes, some things you should covet.
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy. 1 Corinthians 14:39
And the best gifts. (Especially on Christmas morning.)
Covet earnestly the best gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:31
Don't covet anything.
Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7, 13:9
At least not these things: your neighbor's house, field, wife, slave, concubine, ox, ass, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor.
But ... covetousness, let it not be once named among you. Ephesians 5:3
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness,
inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Colossians 3:5
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt
not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his
maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy
neighbour's. Exodus 20:17
Neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his
field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any
thing that is thy neighbour's. Deuteronomy 5:21
- Christian Responses
- Christ Created
- On the Line Ministries
- See also:
- Is dancing a sin?
- Is magic OK?
- Is it wrong to steal?
- Is it wrong to lie?
- Is it OK to make images?
- Is it wrong to have sex outside of marriage?
- Is divorce ever permissible?
- Is it OK for a divorced woman to remarry?
- Is polygamy OK?
- Should we hate other people?
- To kill or not to kill.
- To judge or not to judge.
- Is it OK for men to have long hair?
- How should nonbelievers be treated?
- How should homosexuals be treated?
- Is it OK to call someone a fool?
- Should we let others see our good works?