Get the SAB
(and the SAQ)
Hell in the Quran
- And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire. 2:119
- Hell will settle his account, an evil resting-place. 2:206
- Say (O Muhammad) unto those who disbelieve: Ye shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell, an evil resting-place.
- Their habitation will be hell, an ill abode. 3:197
- Hell is sufficient for (their) burning. 4:55
- Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is hell for ever. 4:93
- Their habitation will be hell, an evil journey's end; 4:97
- whoso opposeth the messenger after the guidance (of Allah) hath been manifested unto him, and
followeth other than the believer's way, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned,
and expose him unto hell - a hapless journey's end! 4:115
- For such, their habitation will be hell, and they will find no refuge therefrom.
- Lo! Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers, all together, into hell.
- Except the road of hell, wherein they will abide for ever. And that is ever easy for Allah.
- They who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.
- But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell- fire.
- Go forth from hence, degraded, banished. As for such of them as follow thee, surely I will fill hell
with all of you. 7:18
- Theirs will be a bed of hell, and over them coverings (of hell).
- Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they
understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear
- When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. Whoso on that day
turneth his back to them, unless manoeuvring for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath
incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end.
- Those who disbelieve will be gathered unto hell. 8:36
- The wicked will He place piece upon piece, and heap them all together, and consign
them unto hell. Such verily are the losers. 8:37
- On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their foreheads and
their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith 9:35
- Lo! hell verily is all around the disbelievers. 9:49
- Know they not that whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, his verily is fire of hell,
to abide therein? 9:63
- Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode.
It will suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment. 9:68
- Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is
hell, a hapless journey's end. 9:73
- Those who were left behind rejoiced at sitting still behind the messenger of Allah, and were
averse to striving with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way. And they said: Go not forth in
the heat! Say: The fire of hell is more intense of heat, 9:81
- Let them be, for lo! they are unclean, and their abode is hell. 9:95
- Is he who founded his building upon duty to Allah and His good pleasure better; or he who
founded his building on the brink of a crumbling, overhanging precipice so that it toppled with him
into the fire of hell? 9:109
- It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even
though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire.
- Verily I shall fill hell with the jinn and mankind together. 11:119
- For those who answered Allah's call is bliss; and for those who answered not His call ...
Such will have a woeful reckoning, and their habitation will be hell, a dire abode.
- Hell is before him, and he is made to drink a festering water, Which he sippeth but can hardly
swallow, and death cometh unto him from every side while yet he cannot die, and before him is a harsh
- (Even to) hell ? They are exposed thereto. A hapless end! 14:29
- And lo! for all such, hell will be the promised place. 15:43
- So enter the gates of hell, to dwell therein for ever. 16:29
- We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers. 17:8
- We have appointed for him hell; he will endure the heat thereof, condemned, rejected.
- And set not up with Allah any other god, lest thou be cast into hell, reproved, abandoned.
- Go, and whosoever of them followeth thee - lo! hell will be your payment, ample payment.
- As for him whom He sendeth astray, for them thou wilt find no protecting friends beside Him, and
We shall assemble them on the Day of Resurrection on their faces, blind, dumb and deaf; their habitation
will be hell; whenever it abateth, We increase the flame for them. That is their reward because they
disbelieved Our revelations. 17:97-98
- On that day we shall present hell to the disbelievers, plain to view.
- Lo! We have prepared hell as a welcome for the disbelievers. 18:102
- That is their reward: hell, because they disbelieved, and made a jest of Our revelations and Our
- And, by thy Lord, verily We shall assemble them and the devils, then We shall bring them, crouching,
around hell. 19:68
- And drive the guilty unto hell, a weary herd. 19:86
- Lo! whoso cometh guilty unto his Lord, verily for him is hell. There he will neither die nor live.
- And one of them who should say: Lo! I am a god beside Him, that one We should repay with hell.
- Lo! ye (idolaters) and that which ye worship beside Allah are fuel of hell.
- And those whose scales are light are those who lose their souls, in hell abiding.
- Those who will be gathered on their faces unto hell: such are worse in plight and further from
the right road. 25:34
- Avert from us the doom of hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish.
- And hell will appear plainly to the erring. 26:91
- Hell verily will encompass the disbelievers 29:54
- Is not there a home in hell for disbelievers? 29:68
- I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together. 32:13
- But as for those who disbelieve, for them is fire of hell; it taketh not complete effect upon
them so that they can die, nor is its torment lightened for them. 35:36
- This is hell which ye were promised (if ye followed him). Burn therein this day for that ye
- Assemble those who did wrong, together with their wives and what they used to worship Instead of
Allah, and lead them to the path to hell; 37:22-23
- Then looketh he and seeth him in the depth of hell. 37:55
- Lo! it is a tree that springeth in the heart of hell. 37:64
- And afterward, lo! their return is surely unto hell. 37:68
- Ye cannot excite (anyone) against Him. Save him who is to burn in hell.
- Hell, where they will burn, an evil resting-place. Here is a boiling and an
ice-cold draught, so let them taste it. 38:56-57
- I shall fill hell with thee and with such of them as follow thee, together.
- Will not the home of disbelievers be in hell? 39:32
- Is not the home of the scorners in hell? 39:60
- Those who disbelieve are driven unto hell in troops. 39:71
- Enter ye the gates of hell to dwell therein. Thus hapless is the journey's end of the
- Those in the Fire say unto the guards of hell: Entreat your Lord that He
relieve us of a day of the torment. 40:49
- Those who scorn My service, they will enter hell, disgraced. 40:60
- Enter ye the gates of hell, to dwell therein. Evil is the habitation of the scornful.
- Lo! the guilty are immortal in hell's torment. It is not relaxed for them, and they
despair therein. 43:74-75
- (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell, Then pour upon his
head the torment of boiling water. 44:47-48
- He hath saved them from the doom of hell. 44:56
- Beyond them there is hell ... Theirs will be an awful doom. 45:10
- And may punish the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women, and the idolatrous men and the
idolatrous women, who think an evil thought concerning Allah. For them is the evil turn of fortune,
and Allah is wroth against them and hath cursed them, and hath made ready for them hell, a hapless
journey's end. 48:6
- Do ye twain hurl to hell each rebel ingrate? 50:24
- On the day when We say unto hell: Art thou filled? and it saith: Can there be more to come?
- The day when they are thrust with a (disdainful) thrust, into the fire of hell.
- ...the torment of hell-fire. 52:18
- On the day when they are dragged into the Fire upon their faces (it is said unto them):
Feel the touch of hell. 54:48
- This is hell which the guilty deny. They go circling round between it and fierce, boiling water.
- But if he is of the rejecters, the erring, Then the welcome will be boiling water And roasting
at hell-fire. 56:92-94
- Those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell-fire.
- Hell will suffice them; they will feel the heat thereof - a hapless journey's end!
- O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them.
Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end. 66:9
- For those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the doom of hell, a hapless journey's end!
- Take him and fetter him And then expose him to hell-fire. 69:30-31
- lo! it is the fire of hell Eager to roast. 70:15-16
- And as for those who are unjust, they are firewood for hell. 72:15
- Whoso disobeyeth Allah and His messenger, lo! his is fire of hell, wherein such dwell for
- Lo! hell lurketh in ambush, A home for the rebellious. 78:21-22
- And hell will stand forth visible to him who seeth, Then, as for him who rebelled And chose
the life of the world, Lo! hell will be his home. 79:36-39
- And lo! the wicked verily will be in hell; They will burn therein on the Day of Judgment.
- They verily will burn in hell. 83:16
- Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily
will be the doom of hell, and theirs the doom of burning. 85:10
- If he denieth (Allah's guidance) ... We will seize him by the forelock ...
We will call the guards of hell. 96:13-18
- Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of
hell. They are the worst of created beings. 98:6
- For ye will behold hell-fire. Aye, ye will behold it with sure vision. Then, on that day, ye will
be asked concerning pleasure. 102:6-8
- The Fire in the Quran
- Dwindling in Unbelief
Disbelievers a painful doom
moderate Muslims believe in hell?