7: The Heights
Cruelty and Violence
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Drunk With Blood:
God's killings in the Bible
by Steve Wells,
the creator of the SAB.
Buy the Book,
Get the SAB on CD
Injustice in Surah 7
- How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they
slept at noon, Our terror came unto them. 7:4-5
- Disbelievers lose their souls. 7:9
- Allah allows Iblis to lead people astray (and then sends them all to hell).
- Iblis claims that Allah sent him astray (and Allah doesn't deny it). 7:16
- Allah banishes Iblis and promises to fill hell with those who are
mislead by him. 7:18
- Men and women are enemies! (Or is it humans and Iblis? Sometimes Allah isn't all that clear about these things.)
- Allah has made devils the protecting friends of disbeliveers. 7:27
- Disbelievers choose devils as protecting friends and believe they are rightly
- Only believers go to heaven. 7:32
- Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire. 7:36
- Disbelief is the greatest evil. 7:37
- Entire nations have entered the Fire. Some get a double torment.
- "Taste the doom for what ye used to earn." 7:39
- Disbelievers will be excluded from heaven. Theirs will be a bed of hell.
- Those in the fire will be taunted by those in the Garden. "So how's it going down there? Are you enjoying
the warmth of the Fire?" 7:44
- Those in the Garden will plead with Allah not to be cast into the Fire. 7:47
- Those in the Fire will cry out to those in heaven, saying:
"Pour water on us." But Allah has forbidden that to disbelievers. 7:50
- Those who forget Allah will be forgotten (sent to hell) on Judgement Day.
- Serve Allah or go to hell. 7:59
- Allah drowned everyone on earth (except Noah and his family) because they disbelieved.
- Disbelievers are liars. 7:66
- Those who believe incorrectly will face the terror and wrath of Allah.
- "We cut the root of those who
denied Our revelations and were not believers." 7:72
- Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:78
- Allah killed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah except Lot and his daughters.
- "So the earthquake seized them."
Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:90-91
- "How can I sorrow for a people that rejected (truth)?"
Shu'eyb tells the Allah's victims that they deserved to die for rejecting Islam. 7:93
- "We did afflict its folk with tribulation and adversity that haply they might grow humble." 7:94
- "Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not."
Unbelievers are never safe from Allah's wrath. 7:95-99
- Allah makes it so that some cannot be believers. 7:100-1
- "We straitened Pharaoh's folk with famine."
Allah sent a famine on all of the Egyptians to punish Pharaoh. 7:130
- "So We sent against them the flood and the locusts and the vermin and the frogs and the blood - a succession of clear signs."
- "We drowned them in the sea: because they denied Our revelations." 7:136
- "We annihilated (all) that Pharaoh and his folk had done." 7:137
- Allah will destroy non-muslim cultures. 7:138-9
- Allah preferred Moses to all other humans. 7:144
- Allah will mislead non-Muslims, forcing them to choose "the way of error." 7:146
- "Those who deny Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, their works are fruitless." 7:147
- Those who worship the calf will suffer terror and humiliation from Allah. 7:152
- Allah sends some astray. 7:155
- "Those who believe in him,
and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful." 7:157
- "But those of them who ... changed the word ... We sent down upon them wrath from heaven." 7:162
- Allah presented the Jews a big fish on the Sabbath day when they were forbidden to fish, and then withheld the fish on the day that they were
permitted to fish. That'll teach them! 7:163
- "Why preach ye to a folk whom Allah is about to destroy or punish with an awful doom?"
- "When they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We ... visited [them] with dreadful punishment." 7:165
- Allah turns Jews into apes! 7:166
- Allah will punish the disbelieving Jews until the Day of Resurrection. 7:167
- Those who deny Muhammad's revelation are evil. 7:177
- Allah sends some people astray. They are losers. 7:178
- Allah has already sent many people and jinn to hell. They were worse than cows: they couldn't see
or hear and were neglectful. 7:179
- Allah leads astray those who deny his revelations. 7:182-3
- Allah leads some people astray. There is no guide for them. They are left to wander
alone blindly. 7:186