1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29
31 32 33
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Changes in the BoM
Dwindling in Unbelief
-Blogging the Book of Mormon
2 Nephi: 1830 Edition
2 Nephi: Seminary
Get the SAB (and the SABoM) on CD
Cruelty in 2 Nephi
- Those who do not believe in the Messiah (Jesus) will be destroyed by fires, storms, earthquakes, war,
disease, and starvation. 6:15
- God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 6:18
- "The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a
garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner." (God plans to destroy the universe.)
- Filthy people will be tormented forever in a lake of fire. 9:16
- Hell is a lake of fire and brimstone where the damned are tormented forever. 9:19,
- Those who don't believe or who are not baptized will be damned to hell. 9:24
- "Many of our children shall perish in the flesh because of unbelief." 10:2
- To punish them for their iniquities, God sent famines, disease, wars, and destruction on the Jews.
- God will make sweet smelling things stink, make people bald, and cause men to die in wars.
- After God "washed away the filth" from the women and killed the men, he set up
"a cloud and smoke by day" and a "flaming fire by night." 14:4-5
- If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 18:9
- God will not have mercy on orphans or widows. 19:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the
wicked." God must have some pretty bad breath! 21:4
- On God's special day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. 23:6-9
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes,
and rape your wife. 23:15-18
- Children will be slaughtered for the iniquities of their fathers. 24:21
- Those who are proud will be burned to death by God. 26:4
- Those who kill saints and prophets will be swallowed by the earth, covered with mountains, carried away by
whirlwinds, crushed by falling buildings, destroyed by thunder, lightening, earthquakes, and fire.
- God will get the Gentiles to kill all those who "dwindle in unbelief." 26:19
- Death, hell, the devil, and the "endless torment" of "the lake of fire and brimstone."
- God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his mouth he shall slay the wicked."
How's that for some bad breath? 30:9
- God must burn wicked people to death. (I guess he has no choice in the matter.) 30:10