What the Bible says about Suicide
- It's better to kill yourself (or have someone assist your suicide) than to be killed by a woman.
- And a certain woman
cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to brake his
skull. Then he called hastily
unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and
slay me, that men say not of me, A women slew him. And his young man
thrust him through, and he died. -- Judges 9:52-53
- Suicide is a noble thing if it results in the death of your enemies (including civilians).
- And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood,
and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the
other with his left. And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself
with all his might; and
the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So
the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his
life. -- Judges 16:29-30
- Suicide must be a good thing since Jesus did it.
- Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man
taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. -- John 10:17-18
- At the end of the world many will try to commit suicide to escape God's torments, but God won't let them.
- And in those days shall
men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death
shall flee from them. -- Revelation 9:6