What the Bible says about Blind People
- God makes people blind.
- "Who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?"
-- Exodus 4:11
- Sometimes he even makes animals blind.
- In that day, saith the
LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with
madness: and I will open my eyes and ... smite every horse of the people with blindness.
-- Zechariah 12:4
- And he'll make you blind too if you don't follow the Old Testament's laws.
- The LORD shall
smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart.
-- Deuteronomy 28:28
- You should ask God to make your enemies blind. (It worked for Paul.)
- Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to
shake. -- Psalm 69:23
- The hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind. ... And immediately there
fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
-- Acts 13:11
- But don't sacrifice blind animals to God. It is evil.
- If ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? -- Malachi 1:8
- Blind people cannot approach the altar of God.
- Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer
the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach:
a blind man, or a lame, or he
that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a
dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a
blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath
a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. ... Only he shall not go
in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish;
that he profane not my sanctuaries. -- Leviticus 21:17-23
- David can't stand the sight of blind people. Whoever kills them will be rewarded.
- And David said on that day, Whosoever ... smiteth ... the blind that are hated of
David's soul, he shall be chief and captain. Wherefore they said, The blind and the
lame shall not come into the house. -- 2 Samuel 5:8