What the Quran says about
What the Bible says about
What the Book of Mormon says about
Get the SAB
(and the SAQ)
- 2:221 "Wed not idolatresses till they believe; for
lo! a believing bondwoman is better than an idolatress though she please you; and give not
your daughters in marriage to idolaters till they believe, for lo! a believing slave is
better than an idolater though he please you. These invite unto the Fire."
- 2:223 "Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate)
so go to your tilth as ye will."
- 4:3 "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or
three or four."
- 4:15 "Women who are guilty of lewdness ... confine
them to the houses until death take them."
- 4:20 "And if ye wish to exchange one wife for
- 4:24 "And all married women (are forbidden unto
you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."
- 4:34 "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made
the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the
support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah
hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and
banish them to beds apart, and scourge them."
- 64:14-15 "O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives
... there are enemies for you, therefor beware of them."
What the Bible says about Marriage