What the Quran says about
What the Bible says about
What the Book of Mormon says about
Get the SAB
(and the SAQ)
What the Quran says about Hell
- Non-Muslims will be tortured forever in hell. Hell is a most unpleasant place.
- Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We
shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. 4:56
- They will wish to come forth from the Fire, but they will not come forth
from it. Theirs will be a lasting doom. 5:37
- For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they disbelieved. 6:70
- And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah
hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance) 7:50
- If thou couldst see how the angels receive those who disbelieve, smiting
faces and their backs and (saying): Taste the punishment of burning! 8:50
- On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their
foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded 9:35
- Hell is before him, and he is made to drink a festering water, Which he sippeth but can hardly swallow, and death cometh unto him from
every side while yet he cannot die, and before him is a harsh doom. 14:16-17
- Thou wilt see the guilty on that day linked together in chains, Their raiment of pitch, and the Fire covering their
- We shall assemble them on the Day of Resurrection on their faces, blind, dumb and deaf; their
habitation will be hell; whenever it abateth, We increase the flame for them. That is their reward because they disbelieved
Our revelations. 17:97-98
- Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be
showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place!
- The guilty behold the Fire and know that they are about to fall therein, and they find no way of escape thence.
- If those who disbelieved but knew the time when they will not be able to drive off the fire from their faces and
from their backs, and they will not be helped! 21:29
- Behold them, staring wide (in terror), the eyes of those who disbelieve! 21:97
- But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on
their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of
iron. Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are
driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning. 22:19-22
- The fire burneth their faces, and they are glum therein. 23:104
- For those who deny (the coming of) the Hour We have prepared a flame. When it seeth them from afar, they hear
the crackling and the roar thereof. And when they are flung into a narrow place thereof, chained together,
they pray for destruction there. 25:11-13
- It will be a hard day for disbelievers. On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would
that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! 25:26-27
- But as for those who disbelieve, for them is fire of hell; it taketh not
complete effect upon them so that they can die, nor is its torment lightened for them. Thus
We punish every ingrate. And they cry for help there, (saying): Our Lord! Release us; we will do
right, not (the wrong) that we used to do. ... Now taste (the flavour of your deeds), for evil-doers have no helper.
- Those in the Fire say unto the guards of hell: Entreat your Lord that
He relieve us of a day of the torment ... although the prayer of disbelievers is in vain. 40:49-50
- Those who deny the Scripture and that wherewith We send Our messengers.
But they will come to know, When carcans are about their necks and chains. They are dragged Through boiling waters; then they
are thrust into the Fire. 40:70-72
- Lo! the tree of Zaqqum, The food of the sinner! Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies As the seething of
boiling water. (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell, Then pour upon his head the torment of
boiling water. 44:43-48
- Those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels.
- Then how (will it be with them) when the angels gather them, smiting their faces and their backs!
- Dwindling in Unbelief
- Which hell is worse, the
Bible's or the Quran's?
- The Christian Hell