- Spend your wealth for the cause of Allah.
- Whatever ye take as spoils of war, lo! a fifth thereof is for Allah, and for the messenger
and for the kinsman.
- Take alms of their wealth, wherewith thou mayst purify them and mayst make them grow, and pray
- Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will
- Lo! ye are those who are called to spend in the way of Allah, yet among you there are some
who hoard. And as for him who hoardeth, he hoardeth only from his soul. And Allah is the Rich,
and ye are the poor. And if ye turn away He will exchange you for some other folk, and they will
not be the likes of you.
- And what aileth you that ye spend not in the way of Allah when unto Allah belongeth the
inheritance of the heavens and the earth?
- Thou askest them no fee for it.
- Follow those who ask of you no fee.
- I ask of you no fee.
- Or askest thou (Muhammad) a fee from them so that they are plunged in debt?
- Or dost thou (Muhammad) ask a fee from them so that they are heavily taxed?