Cruelty and Violence
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Drunk With Blood:
God's killings in the Bible
by Steve Wells,
the creator of the SAB.
Buy the Book,
Get the SAB
Intolerance in Surah 9
- "Ye cannot escape Allah. Allah will confound the disbelievers." 9:2
- Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve.
- Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. 9:5
- Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed.
See previous verse.) 9:6
- Don't make treaties with
non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted. 9:7-9
- Treat converts to Islam well. (Kill those who refuse to convert. See 9:5)
- Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory.
- Don't let idolaters tend the sanctuaries. Their works are in vain and they will be
burned in the Fire. 9:17
- Don't be friends with with your disbelieving family members. Those who do
so are wrong-doers. 9:23
- Allah punished those who disbelieved. 9:26
- Only idolaters are unclean. Keep them away from your places of worship.
- Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low." 9:29
- Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them. 9:30
- The "Religion of Truth" (Islam) must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions.
- Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to the rich and greedy Christian monks and Jewish rabbis.
- Allah does not guide the disbelievers. 9:37
- Fight for Allah with your wealth and whatever weapons are available to you. 9:41
- Those who refuse to fight for Allah (claiming they are unable) are liars who have destroyed their souls.
- Disbelievers go to hell. 9:49
- "Allah will afflict you with a doom from Him or at our hands." 9:52
- Pay your contribution willingly. Allah will not accept a contribution from disbelievers or idlers.
- Those who vex the Prophet, for them there is a painful doom. 9:60
- Allah is only pleased by true believers. 9:62
- Those who oppose Allah and His messenger will burn in the fire of hell. 9:63
- Allah promises hypocrites and disbelievers the fire of hell. Allah
curses them. They will have a lasting torment. 9:68
- Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway.
- Allah will afflict disbelievers with a painful doom in this world and the Hereafter. 9:74
- God will not forgive disbelievers, so don't ask. 9:80
- Those who refuse to give their wealth and lives to Allah will face the fire of hell. 9:81-83
- Don't pray for dead disbelievers or attend their funerals. 9:84
- Those who refuse to fight for Allah will be treated (along with their children) as unbelievers.
- For disbelievers there will be a painful doom. 9:90
- Non-muslim who pretend to believe (so they won't be killed by Muslims) are unclean
and will go to hell. 9:95
- The unbelieving Arabs will be punished by Allah with an evil fortune.
- "We shall chastise them twice; then they will be relegated to a painful doom."
- Stay away from non-Muslims. They are all liars. 9:107
- Those that ignore Allah will be thown into the fire of hell. 9:109
- Believers must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed , and
are bound to do so by the Torah, Gospel, and Quran. But Allah will reward them for it.
- Don't pray for idolaters (not even for your family) after it is clear they
are people of hell-fire. 9:113
- Abraham disowned his father for being an enemy of Allah.
- Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you.
- Disbelievers are wicked and have diseased hearts. 9:125
- Allah turns away those who misunderstand him. 9:127