- "The LORD ... will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth." 1:3
- "The mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft ... and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley."
(Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are caused by God's anger.) 1:4-6
- "I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons."
- "Roll thyself in the dust ... having thy shame naked." 1:10-11
- Micah says "woe" to those that devise evil , but only two verses later,
he devises evil against "this family." Woe is God. 2:1, 3
- Watch out for lying prophets that bite (with their teeth). 3:5
- "The prophets thereof divine for money." Some things never change. 3:11
- In the last days God will put "the mountain of the house of the Lord" on "top of the mountains." 4:1
- "Woe is me! ... there is no cluster to eat: my soul desired the firstripe fruit." 7:1
- There is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net." 7:2
- "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors
of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom."
Advice like this is only found in the Bible. 7:5