- The book of Malachi is anonymous; Malachi is just a
transliteration of the Hebrew words for "my messenger." 1:1
- "Wherein hast thou loved us?" Malachi was addressing
the skeptics of his day who questioned God's love for them. He explains that God
must love them since he loved Jacob, hated Esau, and will be angry with the Edomites forever.
- God hated Esau and gave his inheritance to the dragons. 1:3
- God continues to demand animal sacrifices. And not just any animals will do. He is insulted when blind, lame, or sick animals are killed for him.
- "Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your
- "And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you."
When God spreads dung upon your face, you'll know where it came from.
- "Ye have wearied the LORD with your words." 2:17
- God will curse you if you don't give him money and meat. 3:8-10