Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
Drunk With Blood Audiobook: Leviticus
Get the SAB
- Only unblemished males are to be killed and offered to God. Females don't even make
good burnt offerings. 1:3, 10
- When a king sins only the best sacrifice will do -- he must offer a male goat to God.
But if a commoner sins, a female will do. 4:22-28
- "If any one of the common people sin through ignorance ... then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats,
a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned."
If a common person sins through ignorance, then kill a female goat. (More important people must kill male goats.) 4:27-28
- "He shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD ... a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats."
If you touch an insect, dead animal, or "the uncleanness of man" or if you swear to do something good or bad (5:2-4), kill a female lamb or goat for God. (A female
will do since it's a minor offense.) 5:6
- "She shall be unclean."
Women are dirty and sinful after childbirth, so God prescribes rituals for their purification.
(And baby girls make them twice as sinful and dirty as baby boys do.) 12:1-5
- "If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days ... And she shall then
continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days."
If a boy is born, the mother is unclean for 7 days and must be purified for 33 days. 12:2, 4
- "But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks ... and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying
threescore and six days."
If a girl is born, the mother is unclean for 14 days and be purified for 66 days. This is because, in the eyes of God,
girls are twice as dirty as boys. 12:5
- "She shall bring a lamb ... for a burnt offering, and... a young pigeon, or dove, for a sin offering."
After a woman gives birth, a priest must kill a lamb, pigeon, or dove as a sin offering. This is because having children is sinful and God likes it when things are
killed for him. 12:6
- "She shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood." 12:7
- "If she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons ... and she shall be clean."
- "The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water,
and be unclean until the even." 15:18
- God's law for menstruating women
They are unclean and sinful. Anything that they touch is unclean. Anyone who touches anything that they touch is unclean.
Stay completely away from them. (And for God's sake, don't even think about having sex with them!) 15:19-30, 33
- "If a woman have an issue, and her issue... be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean
until the even." 15:19
- "And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean."
- "And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even."
- "Whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall ... be unclean until the even." 15:22
- "And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even."
- "If any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth
shall be unclean." 15:24
- "If a woman have an issue of her blood ... she shall be unclean." 15:25
- "Every bed whereon she lieth ... and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean." 15:26
- "Whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean." 15:27
- "But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean."
Women are unclean while mestruating and for seven days after bleeding has stopped. 15:28
- "On the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons ... for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement
for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness." 15:29-30
- "This is the law of him that hath an issue, and of him whose seed goeth from him ... And of her that is sick of her flowers,
and of him that hath an issue, of the man, and of the woman, and of him that lieth with her that is unclean."
- A man who has sex with a menstruating woman "shall be unclean seven days."
- "Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is
apart for her uncleanness," Don't even look at a menstruating woman.
- If a man has sex with an engaged slave woman, scourge the woman, but
don't punish the man. (Even if he raped her?) 19:20-22
- If a man has sex with his father's wife, kill them both. 20:11
- If a man has sex with his daughter in law, kill them both. 20:12
- If a man has sex with his wife and her mother (now that sounds like fun!), burn to death all three. 20:14
- If a man or woman "lie with a beast" both the person and the poor animal are to be
- If a man has sex with a menstruating woman, they both "shall be cut off from among their
- People with "familiar spirits" (witches, fortune tellers, etc.) are to be
stoned to death. 20:27
- Priests can't marry "whores", "profane", or divorced women. Why? Because "he is holy
unto his God" and they would defile him. 21:7
- A priest's daughter who "plays the whore" is to be burned to death.
- A priest can only marry a virgin. No harlots, widows, or divorced women will do. (God
really likes virgins.) 21:13-14
- If a priest's daughter marries "a stranger" she can't eat any holy things. 22:12
- "Ye shall offer ... a male without blemish ... Blind, or broken, or maimed, or having a wen, or scurvy, or scabbed, ye
shall not offer these unto the LORD ... Ye shall not offer unto the LORD that which is bruised, or crushed, or
broken, or cut."
God wants us to kill lots of animals for him. Not just any animals, though. God only wants dead, male animals without any blemishes. Don't
kill any blind , broken, maimed, or scabbed, or female animials for him. 22:19-24
- God defines the value of human life in dollars and cents. Of course, to God, females
are worth considerably less than males (50 - 60%) -- but neither are worth much.