Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
Drunk With Blood Audiobook: Leviticus
Get the SAB
- Two of the sons of Aaron "offered strange fire before the Lord" and "there went out fire
from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord." 10:1-2
- Moses tells Aaron that his sons were burned to death to sanctify and glorify God. 10:3
- Moses tells Aaron's cousins to drag the burned bodies out of the camp, and he warns Aaron not to mourn the death of his sons or God will
kill him too, along with everyone else. 10:4-6
- "When ye be come into the land of Canaan ... I put the plague of leprosy in ... the land of your possession."
God "put the plague of leprosy" on the Canaanites. 14:34
- Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. 18:22
- "Keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations ... that the land spue not you out also,
when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you." 18:26-28
- "Whosoever shall commit any of these abominations ... shall be cut off from among their people." 18:29
- "Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times."
Don't eat anything with blood, or use magic or astrology. 19:26
- "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."
Don't round the corners of your head or beard. 19:27
- "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you."
Don't get an tatoos. 19:28
- Stay away from wizards and people with familiar spirits. 19:31
- Stay away from people with familiar spirits and don't "go a whoring" after them either.
- If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13
- People with "familiar spirits" (witches, fortune tellers, etc.) are to be
stoned to death. 20:27
- Handicapped people cannot approach the altar of God. They would "profane" it.
- No stranger or slave can "eat of the holy thing." 22:10, 13
- If a priest's daughter marries "a stranger" she can't eat any holy things. 22:12
- God won't accept animal sacrifices from strangers, since strangers have blemishes and are corrupt. 22:25
- Don't do any work on the day of atonement or God will destroy you.
- A man curses and blasphemes while disputing with another man. Moses asks God what to
do about it. God says that the whole community must stone him to death. "And the children of Israel did as the Lord
and Moses commanded." 24:10-23
- Anyone who blasphemes or curses shall be stoned to death by the entire community.
- God tells the Israelites to make slaves out of their neighbors and their families. The "heathens" and
"strangers" are to be their possessions forever. 25:44-46
- If you don't follow all of the laws in the Old Testament, God will shower you with all of the curses in the next 25 verses.
- "I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning
ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed
in vain, for your enemies shall eat it." 26:16
- "I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies." 26:17
- "And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins."
- "I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins." 26:21
- "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle." 26:22
- "I ... will punish you yet (another) seven times for your sins." 26:24
- "I will bring a sword upon you ... I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy."
- "And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me ... then ... I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins."
- "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." 26:29
- "I will ... cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you." 26:30
- "And I will make your cities waste." 26:31
- "And I will bring the land into desolation". 26:32
- "And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste."
- "And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a
shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth."
- "And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your
- "And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up." 26:38
- "And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their
fathers shall they pine away with them." 26:39
- God defines the value of human life in dollars and cents. Of course, to God, females
are worth considerably less than males (50 - 60%) -- but neither are worth much.