Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
Joshua: Boring Stuff
- "These are the kings of the country which Joshua and the children of
Israel smote ... The king of Jericho, one; the king of Ai, which is beside Bethel, one ... The king of Tirzah,
one: all the kings thirty and one." 12:7-24
- "Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years ...
Now therefore divide this land for an inheritance...." 13:1-33
- "And these are the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the
land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the
heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed
for inheritance to them...." 14:1-15
- "This then was the lot of the tribe of the children of
Judah by their families; even to the border of Edom the wilderness of Zin southward was the uttermost
part of the south coast." 15:1-13
- "This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Judah according to their families ...
Ziph, and Telem, and Bealoth, And Hazor, Hadattah, and Kerioth, and Hezron, which is Hazor...." 15:20-64
- "And the lot of the children of Joseph fell from Jordan by Jericho,
unto the water of Jericho on the east, to the wilderness that goeth up from Jericho throughout mount Bethel ...
And the separate cities for the children of Ephraim were among the inheritance of the children of Manasseh,
all the cities with their villages." 16:1-9
- "There was also a lot for the tribe of Manasseh;
for he was the firstborn of Joseph; to wit, for Machir the firstborn of Manasseh, the father of Gilead ...
And Manasseh had in Issachar and in Asher Bethshean and her towns, and Ibleam and her towns, and the inhabitants
of Dor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Endor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Taanach and her towns,
and the inhabitants of Megiddo and her towns, even three countries." 17:1-11
- "And the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled together at
Shiloh ... And Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the LORD: and there Joshua
divided the land unto the children of Israel according to their divisions...." 18:1-15
- "And was drawn from the north, and went forth to Enshemesh,
and went forth toward Geliloth, which is over against the going up of Adummim, and descended to the stone
of Bohan the son of Reuben ... And Zelah, Eleph, and Jebusi, which is Jerusalem, Gibeath, and Kirjath; fourteen
cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families." 18:17-28
- "And the second lot came forth to Simeon, even for the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families...."
- "Then came near the heads of the fathers of the Levites unto Eleazar the priest, and unto Joshua the son of Nun,
and unto the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel; And they spake unto them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, saying...."
- "Then Joshua called the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, And said unto them...."