- Jesus believed the stupid and vicious story from Numbers 21.
(God sent snakes to bite the people for complaining about the lack of food and water.
Then God told Moses to make a brass snake to cure them from the bites.) 3:14
- "God so loved the world, that he gave his His only begotten Son."
As an example to parents everywhere and to save the world (from himself), God had his own son tortured and killed. 3:16
- People are damned or saved depending only on what they believe. 3:18,
- The "wrath of God" is on all unbelievers. 3:36
- Jesus believes people are crippled by God as a punishment for sin. He tells a crippled man, after healing him, to
"sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." 5:14
- Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned. 15:6
- Jesus says we must eat his flesh and drink his blood if we want to have eternal life. This idea was just too gross for "many of his disciples" and "walked no more
with him." (They are called Protestants nowadays.) 6:53-66