- This was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom ... they ... committed abomination before me. Ezekiel 16:49-50
- Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Leviticus 18:22
- Whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words ...
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
- But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not ... I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom,
than for that city. Luke 10:10-12
- For they exercised a more detestable inhospitality than any: others indeed received not strangers unknown to them,
but these brought their guests into bondage that had deserved well of them.
- Seeking sex with angels, fornication, and going after "strange flesh"
- The men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every
quarter: And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out
unto us, that we may know them. Genesis 19:4-5
- Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going
after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 7
- Pride, wealth, laziness, and ignoring the needs of the poor
- Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom ... ye people of Gomorrah ... Learn to do well;
seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:10-17
- This was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither
did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49
- Adultery, lies, and general immorality
- I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk
in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness:
they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah. Jeremiah 23:14
- Living ungodly, filthy conversation, unlawful deeds.
- Turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an
ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
2 Peter 2:5-9
Printing now available!