- Exodus 32:19-21, 31
- And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and
Moses' anger waxed hot.... And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great
a sin upon them?
- Matthew 14:6-8
- But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
Whereupon he promised with an oath to give her whatsoever she would ask.
And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger.
- Galatians 5:19-21
- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness,
lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings,
murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God....
- Exodus 15:20-21
- And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with
timbrels and with dances. And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he
thrown into the sea.
- Judges 11:34
- And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels
and with dances.
- 2 Samuel 6:14
- And David danced before the LORD with all his might.
- Psalm 30:10-12
- Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not
- Psalm 149:3
- Let them praise his name in the dance.
- Psalm 150:4
- Praise him with the timbrel and dance.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-4
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- Luke 15:22-25
- But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand,
and shoes on his feet:And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.