- "I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel." 1:6
- God "will not have mercy upon ... the children of whoredoms. For their mother hath played the
- Hosea buys a wife for 15 pieces of silver and one and a half homers of barley.
- Because of the Israelites' disobedience, the land mourns, and all the animals are dying. 4:3
- If you misbehave, God will make your daughters "commit whoredom" and your wife "commit
- "Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke." 5:9
- "The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water." 5:10
- God will tear up Ephraim like a lion so that "in their affliction
they will seek me." 5:14
- "I will spread my net upon them; I will bring them down as the fowls of the heaven." 7:12
- "Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them!" 7:13
- "They return, but not to the most High ... their princes shall fall by the sword for the rage of their tongue." 7:16
- God will induce miscarriages and kill the children of Ephraim. 9:11-12
- "O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts."
- God hates the sinner even more than the sin. 9:15
- "I will slay even the beloved fruit of their womb." 9:16
- God will punish Israel by "dashing" together mothers and their children.
- The blame for Ephraim's bloody destruction falls on Ephraim, not on God. Even though God is the one who brings it about. 12:14
- "I will be thy plagues ... I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes." 13:14
- Because the Samaritans chose to worship another deity, God will dash their infants to pieces and
their "women with child shall be ripped up." 13:16