Exodus: Boring Stuff
- "Then the LORD said unto Moses...."
Various conversations are repeated here about God's special relationship with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; God's plans for the Pharaoh;
the Exodus from Egypt; Moses's uncircumcized lips; etc. 6:1-13
- "These be the heads of their fathers' houses...."
Some genealogical information. 6:14-27
- "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying......"
God wastes four chapters on divine instructions for making tables, candlesticks, snuffers,
- "Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen,
and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them...." 26:1-37
- "And thou shalt make an altar of shittim wood, five cubits long, and five cubits broad; the altar shall be foursquare:
and the height thereof shall be three cubits...." 27:1-21
- "And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him,
from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron,
Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons...." 28:1-43
- "And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them ...
thou shalt gird them with girdles, Aaron and his sons, and put the bonnets on them: and the priest's office shall
be theirs for a perpetual statute." 29:1-9
- "And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: of shittim wood shalt thou make it.
A cubit shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof; foursquare shall it be...." 30:1-14
- "Moreover the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels,
and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels ... And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying,
This shall be an holy anointing oil unto me throughout your generations. Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured." 30:22-32
- "And Moses spake unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying...." 35:4-35
The same list of silly stuff is listed in Exodus 25.
- "Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom the
LORD put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for
the service of the sanctuary, according to all that the LORD had commanded ...
And the five pillars of it with their hooks: and he overlaid their
chapiters and their fillets with gold: but their five sockets were of brass." 36:1-38
- "And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it,
and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it ... And he made the holy anointing oil, and the pure
incense of sweet spices, according to the work of the apothecary." 37:1-29
- "And he made the altar of burnt offering of shittim wood: five cubits was the length thereof,
and five cubits the breadth thereof; it was foursquare; and three cubits the height thereof ... And the sockets of the court round about,
and the sockets of the court gate, and all the pins of the tabernacle, and all the pins of the court round about."
- "And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made cloths of service, to do service in the holy place,
and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the LORD commanded Moses ... And Moses did look upon all the work, and, behold,
they had done it as the LORD had commanded, even so had they done it: and Moses blessed them." 39:1-43
- "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, On the first day
of the first month shalt thou set up the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation ... For the cloud
of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house
of Israel, throughout all their journeys." 40:1-38