- Genesis 17:19
- And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for
an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
- Exodus 12:14, 17, 24
- And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast
by an ordinance for ever. ... And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land
of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever.
... And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.
- Leviticus 23:14,21,31
- It shall be a statute for ever throughout your
- Deuteronomy 4:8-9
- What nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so
righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day? ... teach them thy sons, and thy sons'
- Deuteronomy 7:9
- Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant
and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
- Deuteronomy 11:1, 26-28
- Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which
I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God. (vv.26-28)
- 1 Chronicles 16:15
- Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the
word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
- Psalm 119:151-2, 160
- Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old
that thou hast founded them for ever. (vv.151-2)
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. (v.160)
- Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
- Malachi 4:4
- Remember ye the law of Moses.
- Matthew 5:18-19
- Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise
pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall
break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,
he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.
- Luke 16:17
- It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of
the law to fail.
- Luke 16:16
- The law and the prophets were until John [the Baptist]: since
that time the kingdom of heaven is preached.
- Romans 3:28
- Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- Romans 6:14
- Ye are not under the law, but under grace.
- Romans 7:4, 6
- Ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ ....
We are delivered from the law, that being dead.
- Romans 10:4
- Christ is the end
of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
- Galatians 3:13, 24-25
- Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law. (v.13)
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by
faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. (vv.24-25)
- Galatians 5:18
- But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
- Ephesians 2:15
- Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the
law of commandments contained in ordinances.
- Colossians 2:14
- Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances ... nailing it to his cross.