- Genesis 2:18
- And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be
alone: I will make a help-meet for him.
- Proverbs 18:22
- Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth
favour of the Lord.
- Ecclesiastes 9:9
- Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest.
- Matthew 19:5
- For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave
unto his wife.
- 1 Timothy 4:1-3
- In the latter times some shall depart from the
faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ... Forbidding to marry.
- Titus 1:6-7
- If any be blameless, the husband of one wife ... For a bishop must be blameless.
- Hebrews 13:4
- Marriage is honorable in all.
- 1 Corinthians 7:1, 7
- It is good for a man not to touch a woman. (v.1)
For I [Paul] would that all men were even as I myself.
... It is good for them if they abide even as I. (v.7)