- Ecclesiastes 7:20
- For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and
- Genesis 6:9
- Noah was a just man and perfect....
- Psalm 37:12
- The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
- Proverbs 3:33
- The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the
habitation of the just.
- Proverbs 4:18
- But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and
more unto the perfect day.
- Proverbs 9:9
- Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just
man, and he will increase in learning.
- Proverbs 10:6, 7, 20, 31
- Blessings are upon the head of the just: but violence covereth the mouth
of the wicked. (v.6)
The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot. (v.7)
The tongue of the just is as choice silver. (v.20)
The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom. (v.31)
- Proverbs 11:9
- Through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
- Proverbs 12:13, 21
- The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall
come out of trouble. (v.13)
There shall no evil happen to the just. (v.21)
- Proverbs 17:15, 26
- He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they
both are abomination to the LORD. (v.15)
Also to punish the just is not good, nor to strike princes for equity. (v.26)
- Proverbs 20:7
- The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
- Proverbs 21:15
- It is joy to the just to do judgment.
- Proverbs 24:16
- For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked
shall fall into mischief.
- Proverbs 29:10, 27
- The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul. (v.10)
An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the
way is abomination to the wicked. (v.27)
- Ecclesiastes 7:15
- There is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked
man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.
- Ecclesiastes 8:14
- There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men,
unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked.
- Isaiah 26:7
- The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the
path of the just.
- Lamentations 4:13
- For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have
shed the blood of the just in the midst of her.
- Ezekiel 18:5-6, 9
- But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, and ... neither
hath come near to a menstruous woman.... (vv.5-6)
Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall
surely live, saith the Lord GOD. (v.9)
- Hosea 14:9
- The ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them.
- Amos 5:12
- For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict
- Habakkuk 2:4
- But the just shall live by his faith.
- Wisdom 3:1
- The souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them.
- Wisdom 4:16
- The just that is dead, condemneth the wicked that are living.
- Wisdom 5:1, 16
- Then shall the just stand. (v.1)
- The just shall live for evermore. (v.16)
- Wisdom 10:4, 5, 6, 10,
- Wisdom ... directing the course of the just. (v.4)
- She knew the just. (v.5)
- She delivered the just man [Lot] (v.6).
- She conducted the just. (v.10)
- She forsook not the just. (v.13)
- She delivered the just people. (v.15)
- She rendered to the just the wages of their labours. (v.17)
- The just took the spoils of the wicked. (v.19)
- Matthew 1:19
- Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away
- Matthew 5:45
- For he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the
just and on the unjust.
- Matthew 13:49
- So shall it be at the
end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from
among the just.
- Mark 6:20
- For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy.
- Luke 1:17
- And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the
hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of
- Luke 2:25
- Simeon ... was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of
- Luke 14:14
- And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt
be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
- Luke 15:7
- I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that
repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no
- Luke 23:50
- And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good
man, and a just.
- Acts 10:22
- And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth
- Acts 24:15
- And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there
shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
- Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11,
- The just shall live by faith.
- Titus 1:7-8
- For a bishop must be blameless ... just, holy,
- Hebrews 12:23
- To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in
heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made
- James 5:6
- Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
- 1 Peter 3:18
- Christ ... suffered for ... the just and the unjust.
- 2 Peter 2:7
- And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked.
- Tobit 4:18
- Lay out thy bread, and thy wine upon the burial of a just man.