- Genesis 22:2
- And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou
lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for
a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
- Exodus 22:29
- Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of
thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.
- Leviticus 27:28-29
- No devoted thing, that a man
shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast
... shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto
the LORD. None devoted, which shall be devoted of men, shall be
redeemed; but shall surely be put to death.
- Judges 11:29-40
- Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah.... And Jephthah
vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail
deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that
whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I
return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the
LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah
passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the
LORD delivered them into his hands.... And Jephthah came to Mizpeh
unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with
timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child.... And it came
to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my
daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that
trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go
back. And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth
unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of
thy mouth.... And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she
returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which
he had vowed.
- 2 Samuel 21:1, 8-9, 14
- Then there was a famine in the days of David three years, year after
year; and David enquired of the LORD. And the LORD answered, It is for
Saul, and for his bloody house, because he slew the Gibeonites.... The
king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare
unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the
daughter of Saul ... And he delivered them into the hands of the
Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD....And
after that God was intreated for the land.
- 1 Kings 13:2
- And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O
altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto
the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the
priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's
bones shall be burnt upon thee.
- 2 Kings 23:20
- And he slew all the priests of the high places that were there upon
the altars, and burned men's bones upon them.
- 2 Chronicles 34:1-5
- Josiah ... did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord ... And he burnt the bones of the priests upon their altars.
- Leviticus 18:21
- And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to
Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
- Leviticus 20:2
- Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of
the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel,
that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to
death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
- Deuteronomy 18:10
- There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or
his daughter to pass through the fire....
- 2 Kings 21:6
- He made his son pass through the fire, and ... wrought much
wickedness in the sight of the LORD.